Okocim Porter Available In Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our local Polish deli has the regular Okocim. Been after them for yonks to get the Porter. To no avail though. May all their kranskies turn into emus and ... <_<

Warren -

The Polish Club in Ashfield where I am usually has some weird Polish lagers. I will see if they know anything about it. There must be some old-timers who like porter? Don't all old-timers like porter?

neonmeate, not sure who the importers are but will let you know. :beer:

The Parafield Airport liquor store that has it here always has other Polish beer, Zyweic, Djoldy and Okocim Lagers. I asked them about 6 months ago about trying to get the porter in and they said they will see what we can do. I had given up hope as the last phone call I made to the store I was told that the importer couldn't get it in to Australia and that was about 2 months ago. They rang me about an hour ago to tell me they have 5 cartons that had just arrived :)

Warren, use some of that Pascoe Vale charm and see where that gets you :ph34r:

C&B
TDA

Thanks for the heads up TDA. Will be making the trip out tomorrow.

thanks tda ill drop in there on the way home from work

Try Amatos in Leichhardt, neonmeate

was there last week and their range is looking pretty sad at the moment for some reason. think they're struggling against dan murphys and first choice and vintage cellars etc. but they may well get it in if i hassle them.

What a beer :super: .

Shared a bottle with a friend on Saturday night and was not dissapointed :chug:

I will post more comprehensive tasting notes when I try it again.

C&B
TDA

I finally tucked into one of these the other night.
I wish I had my wine palate in gear. There is so much fruit that it's almost overwhelming. The flavours however are pretty crisp and clear especially for it's 8.3%. Berries, plums, figs and plenty of others. Gorgeous.
I've been thinking about a Baltic for a while and now it's a definite. I have no idea how close I can get to the Okocim but it has to be done.
Big thanks to TDA for sourcing it for me.

A big, strong and long flavoured beer.

Why did this beer remind me of Serena Williams???

tdh

p.s. thanks again TDA

Too much tennis TDH, too much tennis.

There's only 2 sports you need this summer; cricket, and brewing :)

Going slightly OT guys but it involves Poland and Baltic Porters... Managed to score a bottle of Brok Porter the other day from my bottlo. Not a bad drop but more like a weak tasting Imperial IMO. Strange given it's strength.

Worth looking for all the same 9% Alc. but probably not as good as the Okocim. :)

Warren -

Tried the porter courtesy of Voosher (I think) a few months ago and was suitably impressed. Since then I've also found the pale and the palone. The pale reminds me of an aussie lager definition of pale in the sense that I think it's lagerlike and laced with noble hops, but lovely. Ratebeer lists the palone as a dunkel and beeradvocate as a dark lager, but I'd simply call it stunning. Poops all over the monteith's black I drank right before it (sorry Doc).

at the polish bottleo here in ashfield we have the palone, about five different mocnes, zywiec, okocim and some other lager, bUT NO PORTER!!!!!! :angry:

Back