Official Ahb Brewer's Logbook

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the idea. There should also be a page or two with conversion charts/tables/factors and colour charts etc.

I would be good to have some of those cool graphs like in the print addition of how to brew - I forget what the name is but you rule lines all over the place and look at some intersections to figure out how much (salts,sugar,etc) to add for a desired (style,carbonation,etc). I would imagine there would be copyright issues there - I think some sort of conversion charts/tables on the back page could be useful though.

interesting idea , I would go along with the annual edition.

As for the AHB art work its still not up to scratch and will no doubt change again (one day) It would be nice if that was setled first so as all AHB related merchandise was the same...

good work finite

:beer:

Seeing as though Beersmith works in SRM I would prefer it in that. I've looked for an option to change it to EBC but either it isn't there or I can't find it. Anyways SRM is fine with me.

cheers

Browndog

tools > options >units tab > change colour units to EBC. This fits which what the site uses but we could just have a colour units line instead of either? that way you can put what u like.

How about 2 versions?
A printed book and an e-version?

We will probably supply a downloadable version in .pdf or something so you can print it out yourself. In terms of an actual interactive version that you can enter with fields, that would require a bit more work mostly on the part of Dane so for the moment we will see how this works out. Although entering it in a comp is against the point of this logbook.

some people would just use the work printer for free ;) maybe the binder too

same deal as above, we will most likley supply a online downloadable version of all the pages and you can print what you like how you like and print and collate yourself.

Could we also get......."A SHRUBBERY" :D

what about two? but place it slightly higher to make a two level effect with a little path down the middle?

I like the idea. There should also be a page or two with conversion charts/tables/factors and colour charts etc.

looking into that.

As for the AHB art work its still not up to scratch and will no doubt change again (one day) It would be nice if that was setled first so as all AHB related merchandise was the same...

Bunyip,

Dane has indicated that this logbook will be designed using the logo and theme that the new version of the site will have when he upgrades it.

Again early days, just working out the logistics atm before getting into designing. We will provide snapshots of the process for you to review.

Cheers,

Blake

i think the ideas great and would be up for a couple. It would be really good if it could be bound with a hardcover with that fake leather cover like a bible and maybe some of that heavy paper they have in cooking books. Im sure it would increase the cost, however this book would get lots of use and with all the liquids going around it eventually going to get wet. Not to mention it would last a long time so we can have something to look back on in 20 years.

Colour - You could just write "colour" and have people fill in their own units. As well as SG into kettle, volume into kettle might be useful. And volume packaged too, since some of us suffer from evaporation losses in primary and secondary.

Also useful would be leaders/prompts/formulas for calculating things like efficiency, bitterness, final colour, etc. Some people might say why bother when there's software to do it for you, but knowing how to calculate (or at least approximate) these things manually helps understanding of the whole process, imo.

I might print out the jpeg and give it a go for my next brew day since my brew software is currently offline.

I'll take one for sure if they support KK brewers :).

I keep all my records in hardcopy so I can carry it around from place to place.

My plan is to document the KK experience in an ebook when I move to ag, hopefully my follies will assist another newbie to avoid a few of the pitfalls :).

I like the idea & would take a couple too.

Like MHB, I like the idea of tick boxes in the tasting notes section. That gives a quick visual record for things like colour, clarity, bitterness (and any other relevant parameters) etc & leaves space for notes on improvements or otherwise for next time you make the same brew.

I like the idea of having a portable hard copy as well as keeping recipes in Promash/ Beersmith etc.

Cheers,

Stout

Finite top work!!
I would take one to start with. Would it be good for BIAB? Is there anything you would need to add for people who use this method?
Eric

interesting idea , I would go along with the annual edition.

good work finite

:beer:

Another line of thought....

If it is an annual edition; couldnt the front cover artwork reflect the current design, and then next years would have the next design??...and so on, and so on??? (who says the next design will stick??)

and to have the 'reckoner' on the back cover would be a bonus too

Finite top work!!

Only just found this thread thanks WG as it started while I was crossing the Nullabor.

The link to Finite's 'Mockup' is broken unfortunately but it's a shame not more people jumped on it as the idea was simply to support AHB. For me this is reason enough so...

If the project is still under way, chuck me down for a couple - one book I'll write up as I brew, the other I'll use as a formal end result.

For me, regardless of what computer program you use hand-written notes have a huge advantage for a lot of people. Beersmith and Promash have a long way to go IMO before they become something more than good calculators. Maybe I should study them more?

Top marks for undertaking this Finite and good on you for bumping it WG :beerbang:

Who gives a "you know what" about the front cover...oh no it's last years AHB logo ! :eek:
Just get these things happening,this is like that "Yes Minister" show

Batz

Whoa :huh: ...think you've been hitting the sauce a little hard lately Batz :-D

Whoa :huh: ...think you've been hitting the sauce a little hard lately Batz :-D

Perhaps mika_lika
I still standby my statement all the same

Back