Obama Is A Homebrewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always wanted to know how an everyday event caught the eye of The Guinness Book of World Records. They are very pedantic when it comes to validating records and I don't think a submission from a bunch of half-inebriated students would cut the mustard.
You seem to be, quite wilfully, ignoring the entirely likely event that he did it on more than one occasion.

Hey Guys,

At a glance the recipes appear hard to follow, No batch size and OG? One is in HBU & Water QTS and the other in OZ and Gallons.

Cheers Rob.

Hard to follow? Isn't that the US Government's motto?

:D

I guess it's easy enough to workout. They are using glass carboys which are 6.5 Gallons (24L),
So if it was a 5 Gallon Batch (is that standard for US Brewers?) These would be the specs of the first recipe.

The White House Honey Ale

Original Gravity (OG): 1.047 (P): 11.7
Final Gravity (FG): 1.008 (P): 2.1
Alcohol (ABV): 5.12 %
Colour (SRM): 7.6 (EBC): 15.0
Bitterness (IBU): 31.4 (Average)

50.38% Liquid Malt Extract - Light
15.27% Dry Malt Extract - Light
15.27% Honey
11.45% Amber Malt
7.63% Biscuit

0.3 oz/Gal East Kent Golding (4.7% Alpha) @ 45 Minutes (Boil)
0.3 oz/Gal Fuggles (5.7% Alpha) @ 1 Minutes (Boil)

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

Depends on who is asked... I say brilliant!
He quit drinking before becoming Prime Minister, whilst leader of the ACTU (Australian Council of Trade Unions)

Down here, we think it is absolutely amazing (and frightening) that you guys had George Bush 2.0

He can still down a schooner like a champion at 82 years of age!

Last edited by a moderator:
He can still down a schooner like a champion at 82 years of age!

Good on the old bugger!

Yes we have had some interesting heads of state haven't we.
Howard.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't take long. Three days it would seem...

Whitehouse_beer_kits.jpg

Can something be considered historic when it occurred within the last year ?

Can something be considered historic when it occurred within the last year ?

I do not consider anyone a home brewer that pays someone else to brew for them, anymore then I would say they are a cook when they have a paid cook in the kitchen.

If he is packing home brew in his bus, he is breaking many state laws by doing so. Not all states allow home brewing and some restrict the consumption to your home. Even some do not allow giving it away. It could be considered as vote buying to hand out beer when asking for people to vote for him. In essence selling the beer for votes. Selling home brew is not allowed.

Admitting he gets an incomplete after almost 4 years in office. He should give up vacations, golf, and paying others to brew for him and study for his makeup exams. I am not ready to pay 4 more years for someone that goofed around and got an incomplete.

A homebrewer in the White House. Beats having a peanut farmer in the White House.

Back