Obama Is A Homebrewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have you actually searched for the facts of this media misrepresentation, or are you blindly accepting what the media circus tell you, and deferring instead to childish insults of other members, because your dream of a Presidential brewer has been shattered by the facts? There's a whole wiki articles dedicated to the White House Honey Ale. It's abundantly clear from two minutes of internet searching that Obama isnt brewing his own beer. If he was, you can be damned sure there would have been a photo-shoot for the occasion.

And thanks to the mods for cleaning up pbrosnan's post.
^ I bet Obama could tell you what a mash is.

Obviously he's not hands on in the brewery, but would have been given the tour a few times. Streuth, what man wouldn't be interested in the brewery in their basement?

Some may argue that Obama appointing proxy brewers is rather low on Americas current list of woes.

(I heard a rumour that they use fluoxetine in the mash and hand it out to swinging voters..shhhh..)

Oh God. It's comments like this that throw anything you read on this forum anymore into a dubious light.
Really?

Not the terrible advice about brewing? It's the loose rhetoric in off-topic threads?

You learn something new from a whinging sook every day. Thanks. Your post has really turned the board around. Good job.

Brunei Darussalam. What do I win?

(that is just a guess)
OOOOhhhh! Good attempt for a guess
VERY close, but no cigar. Brunei, Abode of Peace had 2011 revenue of 5.485 Billion and expenditure of 5.803 BIllion. The difference is credit

Obama_brew.jpg

Obama_brew2.jpg

didnt George Washington brew his own,in the white house. ........cheers....spog........

didnt George Washington brew his own,in the white house. ........cheers....spog........
Washington did brew, there is a handwritten recipe for one of his brews, iirc, his small beer. Made from molasses and bran.
However, he didn't live in The White House. John Adams was the first Pres. to move in.

An FOI request has been submitted to get the White House Honey Ale recipe in the public domain.
There is an online petition as well and I signed it :)

A lot of people here in the US bitch that tax payer money shouldn't be used for the Whitehouse to brew. The thing is the Obamas used their own money to buy the ingredients and equipment. Now I'm not sure if the Whitehouse staff member(s) who actually do the brewing are on the clock at the time or not, either way I think it's great. Even though he is of course not the only homebrewing president I love that he has it on his tour bus and gives bottles away here and there.

We also had a leader of our country who liked drinking beer

BobHawkeYardofale.jpg

I lived in Oxford, for nearly three years, managing The Queen's Arms Hotel in Park End St (now an Irish Pub,I believe) and the Turf was a regular haunt. Very low rafters in the font bar that one had to duck to avoid.

There was a photo of Hawke skolling a "Sconce Pot" and not from a Yard Glass. Granted, that it may not have been a picture of the actual event; however. seeing as he was doing it as punishment for a minor offence of etiquette, known as "Sconcing", it makes sense that it was from a Sconce pot. They ranged in sizes up to 4 pints depending on the College attended.

I've always wanted to know how an everyday event caught the eye of The Guinness Book of World Records. They are very pedantic when it comes to validating records and I don't think a submission from a bunch of half-inebriated students would cut the mustard.

Just my cynical Two-Cents

Wow! How as he as a Prime Minister? And this pic is DEFINITELY going on my Facebook :)

Depends on who is asked... I say brilliant!
He quit drinking before becoming Prime Minister, whilst leader of the ACTU (Australian Council of Trade Unions)

Down here, we think it is absolutely amazing (and frightening) that you guys had George Bush 2.0

Depends on who is asked... I say brilliant!
He quit drinking before becoming Prime Minister, whilst leader of the ACTU (Australian Council of Trade Unions)

Down here, we think it is absolutely amazing (and frightening) that you guys had George Bush 2.0

Holy crap don't get me started.. and we put him on office A SECOND TIME after he STOLE the office the first time! I try not to post stuff about politics because I'm posting personal stuff mixed with business but I was blown the heck away.

So were a million + Iraqis and Afganis. <_<

Edit: Oops Off Topic

But they MAY have had Weapons of Mass Destruction!! (...sarcasm...)

Anyway, yes, beer, whitehouse, bus, awesomeness.

There is an online petition as well and I signed it :)

A lot of people here in the US bitch that tax payer money shouldn't be used for the Whitehouse to brew. The thing is the Obamas used their own money to buy the ingredients and equipment....

They made their own honey. FFS if there's one thing the US needs it's more BEES!

Oh and Bob Hawke --- legend. Up there with Boonie!

Back