O Week Naked Dash For Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Some people will do almost anything for beer :lol:
If you really want to see a photo of it then check in out here.

Ah the memories of the Hill Crest tavern though :party: :super: :chug:

Beers,
Doc

Dash with flash wins student the beer
08 March 2005
By JAMES HEFFIELD

O Week, the traditional start to the academic year, kicked off to screams and calls of "Yuck" at Waikato University yesterday.

Michael "the naked science student" Cronin, 36, was one of just six students to take part in a dash through the lake outside the Performing Arts Academy yesterday in the quest for free beer.

The "student initiation" event was one of the first in a week of events as the university's 2005 O Week wound into gear.

Live bands played throughout the day to dozens of students and at 5pm a helicopter released thousands of ping-pong balls labelled with prizes.

Mr Cronin said his naked run was "the first legal one" he had done.

"A lot of the women were saying `Yuck' as I ran past naked, but you know . . . it was all worth it for the beer," he said.

While most competitors were given three cans of Waikato Draught for their exploits, Mr Cronin was awarded two dozen as a bonus for catching a fish on his way across the lake.

Organisers had joked that anyone who caught a fish or a duck as they crossed the murky depths would be rewarded, but no one expected anyone to manage it.

"I'm not sure if it (the fish) was live when I grabbed it or not, but it was bloody sticky," Mr Cronin said afterwards.

This year the students' association has increased O Week spending to $60,000, from $20,000 in 2004.

Close to half the university's 20,000 students are expected to take part in the week's activities.

Tonight Fat Freddy's Drop will be playing at the Hillcrest Tavern.

Tomorrow it's the Waikato University clubs day, giving newcomers the chance to find out what clubs are active on campus.

Oh,
I clicked the link before I read it was a guy (Is there a disappointed smilie?)

Latest posts

Back