Nz Styrian Goldings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what i woke up too this mourning almost went back too bed and used it for a pillow. :lol:

P290409_10.54.JPG

I have used a few of the NZ hops and i like them all, im new too AG and have not had a go at all of the different hops but they have all worked for me.

Quick question. Are NZ Styrian named as such on the packet when you buy them? Or are they just called Styrian Goldings? Eg, who's to know where they're grown?

mine come with Styrian Goldings NZ on them.

Yah I found some Kiwi hops to be hit and miss (mainly NZ Willamette & Goldings) OTOH NZ Styrians are most authentic in comparison to the real Slov McCoy. Just a little coarser early on but settle nicely over time to that great Vanilla and Marmalade.

Warren -
QFMFT

My kiwi blonde is just about ready for drinking, I reckon the Green Bullet and NZ Cascade are a match made in heaven. Also nothing wrong with the NZ Fuggles as the base hop in a Yorkshire Bitter.

To be honest, I actually hate NZ cascade and alot of brewers over here do too! Mainly cos its just nothing in comparison to the splendid US cascade :icon_drool2:

My kiwi blonde is just about ready for drinking, I reckon the Green Bullet and NZ Cascade are a match made in heaven.
Made a golden ale with the exact same hop combination a few months back.
Definately brewing it again! :icon_drool2:

Latest posts

Back