Nsw State Home Brew Competition

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez Ray, did you get enough places? :)

Doc - any idea if that vanilla bourbon porter is the same recipe you posted?

jgriffin said:
Geez Ray, did you get enough places? :)

Doc - any idea if that vanilla bourbon porter is the same recipe you posted?
Yep jgriffin, as it twas me.

Doc

Hey, my stout came 3rd! :D

I owe a lot of the result to the guys on here. Only started brewing last year doing K+K. I've spent many hours at work on this site, learning as much as I can.

Thanks,
Wreck.

Well done Wreck.
Congratulations.

Beers,
Doc

For some stupid reason I thought it was on the Long weekend!!!!

Next week!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :(

Well done to Doc, Ray, Barry and Wreck on their results in the NSW state comp.
If I have missed in other AHBers sorry and congrats :blink: !

Told you the IVBP would win it's category Doc!! :rolleyes:

C&B
TDA

Congratulations to all the AHB members that placed.
Heading to the Nationals now?

cheers

Here, here...well done to Doc and the boys at the NSW Comp!

I wouldn't mind a tipple of the Tripel! :lol:

Make sure you leave some for the Nationals?! ;)

Cheers,
TL

well done to one and all, grat to see so many AHB members getting placings, congratulations.

Andrew

Quick question: In the results, what does the first number mean?

Hi Wreck
I know you real Name LOL
Mate its your entry number, When the beers comes in for the Competition the are given a number and I place this number on the bottle. Then all bottles are sorted into the 13 categories by bottle number. So if you have bottle number 1 that is a Saison in the Belgian Category it might end up being judged the 8th beer in that Category on the second day.
Entry numbers are just bottle numbers to be sorted. So all the judges get is a bottle number, Category and Style.

When you enter beers into a competition that does not have the style of beer in their style guides you should attach, say a copy of the BJCP guidelines with your bottle and this will end up with the judges when they get your entry. I did this with my Baltic Porter
Cheers
Ray

BTW I only ran around like a made man on Saturday stewarding and never judged a beer, gee I tasted some. The quality was very high.

Got my results and score sheets in the mail today.
Thanks again to the IBU's for running the comp.

Love Tim Thomas's comments on my Tripel.

Wow a perfect trappist beer. Change your religion if you haven't already. Perfect. Congrats.

Doc

Hi
Remember DOC Iam right behind you with my Saison and Tim will not be judging at the Nationals. LOL

BTW I wish all place getters the best in the Nationals. Next years NSW Comp will be a lot easier as we are a little more organised (the paper work is). I hope we have a few more entries and a few more judges.
My 4 year holiday working from home is over (bugger). Scored a Sales Executive Job, start Monday and pick up the new company car on Tuesday. In the interview they asked what my hobbie was and when I told them the beer I make I was an instant member of the team.
Cheers
Ray

Back in the real world on Monday.

Latest posts

Back