Nhc 2011 In San Diego

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I can tell I am going to be there, on a family holiday,
I beleive the weekend following is the SD international beer fest as well, so
I am going to try sand send a few entries in, maybe we could get an aggregator to send them, or some sort fo sponsorship for the freight. The cost isnt really an issue to me, but having them all going together might be a good idea

Bumping this topic.

So who has booked to go to San Diego this year (aside from me) ?

And IF we were to enter an Australian table at Club Night, who'd be interested in submitting beers?

How many beers can we get over to the USA and how? Kegs or bottles?

Time for some of you international type guys to put on the thinking cap.

Bumping this topic.

So who has booked to go to San Diego this year (aside from me) ?

And IF we were to enter an Australian table at Club Night, who'd be interested in submitting beers?

How many beers can we get over to the USA and how? Kegs or bottles?

Time for some of you international type guys to put on the thinking cap.

Business must be going well, mate. That will be awesome - hope you get a posse going.
(I'll be lucky just to get to our Nats :( )

I would love to be there, but SWMBO put the kaibosh on expenditure, and then turned around and flooded the kitchen to the point of a full rebuild... Ungood++

*Sigh* - Nothing compared to our friends up north!

Andy

Business must be going well, mate. That will be awesome - hope you get a posse going.
(I'll be lucky just to get to our Nats :( )

No such luck Winkle. Had to have the missus leave me and demand I sell the house :( before I finally had the money to go overseas (for the first and likely only time).

Hoping to make the Brissy Xmas swap again this year, so catch you for a jar or seven then. No doubt with great war stories and a slide night on the NHC :rolleyes:

Andyd Posted Feb 2 2011, 07:47 PM
I would love to be there, but SWMBO put the kaibosh on expenditure, and then turned around and flooded the kitchen to the point of a full rebuild... Ungood++

crap luck Andy. You deserve better beer karma!

Man I wish I had the dollars to get to San Diego.

I reiterate.. if anyone is contemplating NHC 2011, and you can do it. Then DO IT!

Be sure to be there before the Wednesday cos the Brewing Network Anniversary Party was one of the highlights of my 2010 NHC experience.

I highly recommend taking PET bottles of homebrew to pour on Club Night. If every Aussie brewer took one style of beer in PET, say 10 bottles, you would have one hell of a good stand. Wear your green and gold cricket/football/rugby league/international rules shirts so everyone knows who you are. Take vegemite and serve vegemite on toast as well.

well at present, pending my long service leave being approved, I will be there with bells on. Will look stupid but I will wear them all the same.

Anyone have any info on how to get beer from here to there without it costing a fortune?

well at present, pending my long service leave being approved, I will be there with bells on. Will look stupid but I will wear them all the same.

Anyone have any info on how to get beer from here to there without it costing a fortune?

Fly V Australia to LAX. Take 25kg of beer in PET bottles and 5kg of clothing in your checked luggage. More clothes in your carry on if you require it.

Fly V Australia to LAX. Take 25kg of beer in PET bottles and 5kg of clothing in your checked luggage. More clothes in your carry on if you require it.

That looks a good idea Josh. Was planning on taking few clothes anyway and buying stuff over there. Might do a Galaxy Ale.

That looks a good idea Josh. Was planning on taking few clothes anyway and buying stuff over there. Might do a Galaxy Ale.

I can recommend basically taking what you can wear in terms of clothes and then finding a MAcy's store over there and going crazy. Clothes are soooo cheap over there. If you are going to go to Macy's make sure you go to their information desk and get an "international visitors" card - that'll give you another 10% off their prices.

Andy

Latest posts

Back