New To Kegging

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnthonyBee

Reaction score
Keg_Setup1.JPGHi all,
I've finally got my arse into gear and am moving from bottles to Kegs.
I've got 2 corni kegs, a tesuco regulator and a 6kg Steel Co2 bottles. My lines are 6mm and roughly 1.5m long.
I have an Ezybrew little creatures pale ale down at the moment and basically just after some good tips
for kegging i.e initial Kpa levels, pouring levels, good temp for pale ales etc
If you think you can help me out that would be great, i'll shout you a few if your ever down my way!
Thanks
Anthony

View attachment 56436Hi all,
I've finally got my arse into gear and am moving from bottles to Kegs.
I've got 2 corni kegs, a tesuco regulator and a 6kg Steel Co2 bottles. My lines are 6mm and roughly 1.5m long.
I have an Ezybrew little creatures pale ale down at the moment and basically just after some good tips
If you think you can help me out that would be great, i'll shout you a few if your ever down my way!
Thanks
Anthony

I like my Pale Ales at about 2.5 vol/CO2 but it depends on what temp you are serving at.
For a Pale Ale in your fridge at 4degC, you will need around 81kpa on your regulator. I would not rush the carbonation & simply dial in 81kpa on your reg & leave it for a full 7 days, periodically checking the regulator to keep it at 81kpa, it will drop as the beer absorbs the CO2. After 7 days, dial your reg up or down to your ideal serving pressure which will depend on your beer line length. Some people start with 3m of beer line & trim it down till you are happy with the pour. I settled with my old kegging set up at 2m of beer line at 4degC pouring at about 70kpa.

Anthony
I'd suggest downloading and printing the 'Brewing Reckoner' as found here: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=19040

The bottom part of the (very easy to read) chart has the correlation between temperature, pressure and volumes of CO2 - which combined with other information found on these forums should be all you need.

Hi Anthony,

Nice looking setup!!

Took me a while to get my head around balancing a keg system.
Work out the pressure required to get the desired C02 volume at your serving temp (there are tables on the net to help with that one).
Then get enough beer line to allow you to keep the reg on the same pressure for serving.

I keep my reg on 75kPa with about 1.6m of 4mm ID beer line (serving mostly pale ales at 5C).

Like crusty mentioned, I think the best way to balance a system is start with too much beer line.
Turn your regulator to the desired carbing pressure and leave it for a week.
Then connect the beer line and see how it pours.
If it's too slow, shorten the line a bit.

6mm line will probably require a fair length, so you might have to reduce the pressure for serving.

Good luck!!
You will never look back.

_DSC0680.jpg

Back