New Keezer Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferment8

Reaction score
So a mate had a chest freezer in perfectly good condition he wanted out off the new place he had moved into. Wanted nothing for it and i had dreams of a keezer.
Only been brewing a short time but had lashed out on some mini kegs as im lazy and hated bottling.
Only problem was putting the kegs in the main fridge was a pain. I had commandeered the drinks fridge already as a fermentation chamber so a keezer seemed the obvious choice. Only hard part is hiding all the purchases of bits needed from the missus!
Resized_20190719_171121.jpeg

First step, make a collar.
Some 70x30mm pine from bunnings with some 140x20mm pine for the skirt. Skirt is only 3 sides

Last edited:
Next step was i had to stain it. The missus saw the first pic and i was told that's looks crap. So of to bunnings to get some stain.
Grey Mountain Ash looked pretty good.
Resized_20190722_074722.jpeg

Well at least i did. Needs another coat i was told. So another coat went on.

Dumbied it up to see how it was going and i thought it looked pretty good
Resized_20190723_171827.jpeg

My mistake was leaving it in the garage like that for when the missus came home. I didn't stain the bit at the back where the hinges attach. So a couple of coats on there too.

Thinking im on a winner here i sit down for a beer.
Then get asked what colour im painting the freezer. Bear in mind this will either be in the garage in winter or under the patio out the back in summer. Not allowed in the house.
So back to bunnings and get a litre of white knight hammered finish charcoal.
Resized_20190724_151629.jpeg

It's still dying at the moment. Should be ready tomorrow arvo to put the collar and lid on.
I need another shank and 2 taps to finish it off. I think i have most of the other bits. Apart from a few more legs of course. I have a new 19l keg and it looks like it will fit 6 kegs plus the 2.6kg gas cylinder and a small keg on the compressor hump

Cheers for that.
Ive got an stc1000 somewhere. I was looking for it yesterday but having just moved im not exactly sure where it is!
I was thinking of mounting it internally near the compressor but wasn't as much room as i thought. Probably just hang it from the collar at the rear.

Nice!
I might do similar. But probably on the back just to keep the missus happy(er)

Good call for the bottle opener

Cheers for that! Some good looking ones there. Your right i can't see it being used a heap but a good one will look cool!

Latest posts

Back