New Beer Venue In Ivanhoe, Vic

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark_m

Reaction score
This one has been setting up for a while & finally opened up a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.speakeasycellars.com/

Located in upper Heidelberg Rd, a block down from the library.

They seem to have set themselves up as a boutique bottle shop with a license for on premises consumption.

Cafe style setup inside, courtyard still under construction out the back.

I called in today & had a chat with the owner, they have a reasonable range of local (micro) & imported beers sold by the bottle for take-away, or pay a $1 "corkage" charge to drink on site. Not a VB or Tooheys to be seen!
No food, but encourage you to BYO or order in from one of the local restaurants (plenty within a couple of hundred metres).

No affiliation, but thought they were worth a plug, courtyard's looking good for me this summer as it's less than 10 minutes walk from home.

Cheers,
Mark

This one has been setting up for a while & finally opened up a couple of weeks ago.

They seem to have set themselves up as a boutique bottle shop with a license for on premises consumption.

I called in today & had a chat with the owner, they have a reasonable range of local (micro) & imported beers sold by the bottle for take-away, or pay a $1 "corkage" charge to drink on site. Not a VB or Tooheys to be seen!
No food, but encourage you to BYO or order in from one of the local restaurants (plenty within a couple of hundred metres).

No affiliation, but thought they were worth a plug, courtyard's looking good for me this summer as it's less than 10 minutes walk from home.

Cheers,
Mark

*happy dance* *happy dance*

sensational....cant wait to have a look see.

Cheers,
Mark

See you there Mark. Nice to have something decent within staggering distance.

Not far from home so I'll definitelty drop in.

Glad you gave directions though - the web-site is a bit under-nourished.

Back