Need help troubleshooting this keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rocker1986 said:
Did you fit the Perlick to the shank with the flow control lever in the right position? I dunno if it makes any difference really, but they do advise to have the flow control lever pointing forward horizontally when fitting to the shank. This way, when fully open it sits about 10 o'clock, closed it sits about 8 o'clock.
Oh, who knows. I just screwed it on. Maybe it needs pulling apart and fitting onto the fridge again. I'll try that tomorrow, bit too pissed to start messing with it now.

maybe just unscrew the flow control part and remove it for a look?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wve2U3olNcI

Might be installed 90 degrees offset / on the piss.

Cheers,
D80

Diesel80 said:
maybe just unscrew the flow control part and remove it for a look?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wve2U3olNcI

Might be installed 90 degrees offset / on the piss.

Cheers,
D80
That video was excellent. Just pulled the thing apart, cleaned it and put it back together. I'm getting much more air through it. Back onto it tomorrow to get this ******* working.

That was a good video, cheers for sharing! Given my propensity to pull things apart out of curiosity of how they work I probably would have worked that out myself at some point but was good to see it done first too.

Sounds a good sign getting more air through the tap there Welly. Hopefully this translates to being able to pour a beer through it! I have the same taps and so far very happy with them. :)

1444984656825.jpg

I have beer from my Perlick! Came home this eve, bolted on my recently stripped and cleaned Perlick and it poured without hesitation. Was a bit foamy but the line is really short (new line in the post) and the psi is up. Well, well chuffed after last night's debacle. It just needs a little tuning to get the psi and beer line right and then I'm good to go! Thanks all for your help and persistence!

It tastes even better than before after all that pissing around.

Latest posts

Back