My Wort Chiller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
OK
Here is a pic of my wort chiller , it's 12 meters of 1/2" copper tube
The second coil is 10 meters of 1/2" tube that I will fit in this old esky , fill with ice water to speed the cooling , and up here our tap water gets quite hot during the summer .
So I will attach a hose the water will first pass through the esky coil then through the wort chiller to garden etc.
Also a pic of how far I have progressed with my AG , plumbling and bits and pieces to finish as yet ..getting there

And the esky coil

And my AG so far..(so good ?)

looking good batz bet ya hanging out to crank that first one out.
cheers
big d

I am , bit of work yet , hope to fit the element and thermostat to the HLT on days off

Top work Batz, great looking system. Nice clean and functional. Enjoy your new toy.

Cheers, Justin

Thanks Justin
Will post detailed pics of all the gear when finished

My cooling coil from R.A.G engineering/ T.A.B products....wrapped around a 9kg Dry chem extinguisher and the rest bent by hand

ADMIN Edit: Image deleted as it wasn't complete and you need a monitor with a massive resolution (I'm running 1400 x 1050 and the image is big)

let me guess
rough as guts engineering? :unsure:

ill take the prize :chug:
cheers
big d

My pic aint that BIG!!!!

It is true the camera adds heaps

HHEEEEEEYYYYYY DOC!!!!!

Can you crop the living stuffing outta that pic....PPLLEEEAAASSSSEEEEE!?!?!? :(

:) betta resize ya chiller to the smaller version linz.at this rate you will have the major breweries worried :D
best of luck with the camera computer.they can be a ******* :blink:

My poor old computer won't even download that whole pic Linz !

Is that chiller running at the moment Batz? Seem to have frozen a few computers. Could it be that your chiller is just to d@mn efficient, Mr. Freeze.

JD

Nice setup Batz,
I really like the framework. Where did you score that? You can start off with one level then add more later by the looks of it. I've seen stuff around like that before but I just cant remember where.
Thats what happens I suppose, when you are stuck in an office all day.

B)

Yeah Johnno, I looked for that stuff for myself so I could disassemble it to move house when the need arises but couldn't find any so now mines made of wood.

JD

The metal racking goes by the trade name of "DEXION" and they have agents in most capital cities

Thanks Linz,

I'll look into it. Like Justin mentioned it can be pulled apart if and when you need to shift. Also I like the fact that you cand add to it if you need. Good stuff that.

cheers
B)

I stole the idea fron Linz , tht's what he made his tower out of.
I managed to salvage the material for mine

Latest posts

Back