My Plastic Conical Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
put a beer engine on it and you have you real ale solution all in one container

Just got a reply from onederbrew confirming they will send without the bucket and that two conicals could then fit in the same packaging. He is going to get a quote on postage and more details on the bucket dimensions. The interest builds...

I'm sure standard American buckets don't match ours :/

Would be nice to have at least a translucent bucket. I like to see when the krausen drops

Is there any way you would be able to add dry hops to this once it's all been put together?

Hey.
I don't give a shit about the fermenter, but that shiny silver thing on the right, is that a heater?

No word on how much these are going to cost??!

Email back and forth still continues. He tried UPS and thought it rather expensive. USPS postage looks ok to my calculations but I don't think he is trying to put them in a smaller box. The difference between reasonable postage and an arm and a leg seems to be if he is prepared to repackage them. I have not yet determined this.

Have you checked out the YouTube clips on them? They look to be better than I thought; the picnic taps go into a 1/2" NPT thread so can be replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting the only drawback might be finding a bucket of the correct diameter and lip to mate the cone to.

No worries. I've since found a supplier that makes conical fermenters (35 & 60lt), minus stand, fittings etc for around the $350 mark.

I'm still very keen OneDerBrew if the price is right............

No worries. I've since found a supplier that makes conical fermenters (35 & 60lt), minus stand, fittings etc for around the $350 mark.

I'm still very keen OneDerBrew if the price is right............

Not the folks in WA who were featured in post#1 of this thread?

Nah, this is a mob from Victoria
Who would they be
These other conicals your all looking at sound pretty dodgy to me
Put it in a bucket turn it upside down your asking for mess to clean up

Well considering I only found them this arvo and I am waiting a call from the state manager re: firmer pricing and freight costs (if any), I'm happy to let everyone know the details once I know.

sorry mate you took me the wrong way, i was only having a playful poke with a genuine interest in your find.

Any word as yet on the size drum they will fit?

Also any indication on a landed price?

Cheers

Wobbly

Latest posts

Back