My New Kegging System

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trev,

Well done...nothing like pouring your forst kegged beer.

You have lost me on the nut and circlip...

But it does sound like a Tru Flow tap...

Happy Kegging...

One day I will keg....but until I have enough fridge space to hold about 5 or 6 kegs....I willl stick to the bottles. I like to have lots of beer alternatives available to me....

Dreamboat

kook said:
Should have got the andales off GMK. Theyre damn good taps. Love the convient pull down on/off action. I've got to try to get some new handles for them.

How much for the turned wood handles GMK?
Kook,

Here is picture...doesn't do them justice of the turnrd handles i do for the Anndale Taps.

Red one is Jarah...light coloured one is Walnut...

mead9.jpg

Ken,

I've failed the IQ test as I'll be blowed if I can post a jpg !!!!

Anyway, if you have a look at Beer Tap you'll see the type of taps I got.

I don't think I can add nice handles :angry:

Trev

Trev,

When posting the jpg...hit browse to the file and locate it.
Dont preview the post just press add reply when you have finished and it should post with the jpg showing.

Hope this helps.

Trev,

You have a Tru flow tap.
The top nut unscrews and will accept a normal twist tap beer logo.
Just so happens that i have alot of them...some i dont really want to sell ie Tooheys Classic, Dogbolter, cascade Light (excellent metal tasie tiger - one was going for $30.00 on ebay)
Also have Fosters, kent old brown ale, Tooheys new etc.

If you want a couple...make me a reasonable offer and i will sell them/send them up.

I can also and have turned wooden handles for them..ie they come drilled with a 12.5mm hole (check the diameter of your handles) and you glue them onto the twist handle.
Then you have a nice turned wooden handle to twist the beer on and off with....my last lot ( jarah and olive came up very well)
Turned wooden handles as follows:
15.00 ea or two for $25.00 or three for $30.00.
Your choice of wood ( within range but better to go for different colours eg Light wood for Lagers/Pilsners, brown wood for IPA's/ales/irish etc and dark wood Jarah/redgum for the darks/stouts.

If you or anyone else is interested...let me know...

Well I finally got my hands on a digital camera, so to bore everybody to death, here are some pix of the setup.

I've posted them into a new Gallery.

Trev

Guys,

A few questions on gas for kegging:

1. where do you keggers get your gas bottles?
2. Do you hire them or buy them?
3. Where do you get them refilled?
4. How often?
5. How much does it cost?

Cheers - Snow.

you have to hire them for around a $100 a year .VT size(the size up from the knee high D size) cost around $30 to refill lasts me around 4-5 months and plenty of kegs.get them from BOC gases.

CO2 Gas Bottle Hire,

In canberra we are lucky, we can pay 100.00 for initail gas Bottle - and then 50.00 to exchange with no rental.

Melb. is the cheapest with the prices from G&G being only 14.00 a year rental.

Just to upset the apple cart, I scored a 10kg CO2 extinguisher with a normal valve as standard fitting and mounted on a two wheel trolley.
Its being pressure tested and recharged for...nothing(perks of being in the fire industry)

Hopefully it will pass the pressure test :(

Congrats Linz,

When do you want the rest of the kegging stuff to go with it...

Hi all,
Thought I would post a message about my new bar.... According to GMK I have now raised the bar...lol

Well I have been brewing beer for years and got sick of bottling.... had not done it for about 3 years...
I was talking to GMK and he mentioned Kegging... Well my interest was tweaked....
What I wanted....
The ability to have a Boags Premium type beer...
Light Beer
Tooheys Old type beer
And to please the wife.. A strongbow type cider..

He then suggested a 4 tier font...
Like in the pubs....... Well all I could do was look at my bar in my head and dream about how good it would look....

We got a 4 tier font... 1 Strongbow, 1 Tooheys New, 1 Light Ice and soon hopefully a Tooheys Old tap..
The font has 5M of 4mm line attached... it goes from my bar into the garage and into the fridge which I have embedded in the kitchen.. Garage kitchen...
I have 8 Kegs all up so I can have a spare keg ready at all times.... great for parties..

I have not taken any piccys of it yet but I will on the weekend and post all of them so all the newbies out there can see what is possible with a bit of money and some time...
I would like to add that this took a few months to get all the parts together... but the wait was worth the wait...

Well I hope that got the juices flowing.. mine are...better go and have another Old....lol :chug:

DOH! beat me by one, i have a 3 tap tree from the Mr GMK on the way.

Lager (Pale ale tap)
Dark ale/stout etc (Old tap)
and .. wheat / bitter / other beers on the 3rd

also still have my twist tap (can + kilo tap for mates :) hehe)

i only have 6 kegs so 3 taps + twist, will suit (fridge only fits 4)

mmmm beer cant wait!

nice set up JAGMAN you've got to have a real craft brewed ale coming out one of those taps though.ive got three taps and a magic box no bar though not enough room with all the brewery.

what have you got coming out now.

linz do you just get it filled from the fire department everytime ive got one but i just fill it from my CO2 bottle for parties.mine didnt pass the pressure test nothing a few welds couldnt fix. got to put it on a trolley with the keg and magic box thatll be cool.

Where's the pictures JAGMAN? Would love to see the four tap font.

Also found this (while I was looking for something else) link for a fridge conversion. Looks pretty slick in the ideas (although I'm not keen on gas bottles in the fridge).
I've seen similar conversion where the inner door has been replaced but not with wood. Metal is a much better idea (and nice and shiny).

Beers,
Doc

I too want to see the pics.

What are your plans for keeping the beer in the tube between the fridge and the fonts cool?

Will you just pull a glass and discard it each time you want to use the taps after a log period of time without pulling a beer?

Brenton

You buy some of the black insulation tubing and wrap that around the beer line...

Thats one way Ken ;)

I think I might put the fonts directly above the bar fridge and have the beer line as short as possible so as to minimise waste and keep it as cool as possible.

Lots to think about...

Doc said:
Where's the pictures JAGMAN? Would love to see the four tap font.

Also found this (while I was looking for something else) link for a fridge conversion. Looks pretty slick in the ideas (although I'm not keen on gas bottles in the fridge).
I've seen similar conversion where the inner door has been replaced but not with wood. Metal is a much better idea (and nice and shiny).

Beers,
Doc
Interesting article Doc...

I agree with your comments re the gas cylinder in the fridge, and the timber insert will eventually crap itself...

I reckon those wooden taps that Ken has are heaps sexier too!

Mind you, this blokes system is better than what I've got :(

One day, hell will freeze over and I'll get some kegs installed :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Rowan

Latest posts

Back