My Firdt Two Can...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish13

Reaction score
Well i rushed home last night and got a can of pale ale and dark ale and decided to make a English india pale ale of sorts. the dark colour of the ale gives the copper tinge and the bitterness. I added 25g of glacier to give it the grassy/earthy aroma. the pale ale to give it the flavours...

What fun it was with the can opener not splitting the seals on the can i am sure there is metal in the fermentor now... I also know now i will need a bigger fermenter. the yeast which is a mixture of english ale yeast and coopers yeast from the dark ale kit. also this is the last time i use the lid. the seal around the airlock doesnt seal. so i have a krausen explosion again. woohoo.

Anyway i am hoping my first 2 can turns out nice.

Sounds like a good idea for a two-can!

I got a senior airlock from Big W for my fermenter as it has a tapered pipe on the bottom. It gives a much more airtight seal.

check your seal somestimes they become loss, or you could use some glad wrap over the top as a lot of AHBers do.

Latest posts

Back