My Boiler Underway

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bbb
heres the recipe.
note# the addition of fish oil is optional.

clone of dead fish ale

4.98 kg light munich malt

1.36 kg pale malt

.283 kg chocolate malt

14 grams spalt select @fwh

42 grams spalt select @ 60 min

irish moss @ 15 min

wyeast 1056

mash @66 deg c for 60 min

o.g 1.071
f.g 1.014
abv 7.5%

spalt select is an aroma hop similar to tettnang and saaz so may /probably will have to substitute for either of these hops.unfortunantely we seem to have limited hop variety in oz.

just joking about the fish oil thing.unless you love the smell ;)

cheers
big d

and know i havent brewed this yet as im short of a few ingredients but its on my list.

G'Day Big D,
Seems like a very simple recipe,
I will add it to my file.
I've got the ingredients to do that at the moment but I am busy stocking up for Easter with APA. Got rellies coming - you know the deal.
Cheers

On my keg with the weldless fittings I've done the same as GMK. Fibre washer internally and rubber compression washer externally.
However the first two brews I had a very slight slow leak.
I tightened a little more and there still was a slight leak which has now stopped. I'm guessing the heat of the boil and the rubber compression washer have now created a nice tight join. Either that or there is some caramalised wort making it water tight :D .
Either way all is good now.

Beers,
Doc

I ended up buying some rubber washers (used for water taps etc) it fitted well and with soap water its not leaking. If it heats up maybe its different

i hope the heat does not get to the rubber and melt it
time will tell

well i got some parts for my boiler i only need a rubber washer on the fron or im welding again but need to get a washer that can hanlde the heat also got to source a 3/4 S/S Threated tube as my boiler already had a tapped hole so i didnt have to drill a hole

Help!
I need a wort boiler and I am having trouble locating a keg in the Canberra area!
Does anybody know where I can acquire a keg for full wort boils that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, or a stint in porridge?! :lol:
I have a 3 ring burner and am in the process of making my esky mash tun and manifold. Once I have the boiler (I don't care if it's a keg or any other vessel that will boil up at least 30L of wort) I will make an immersion cooler for it.
I'm sick of making part mash brews in a picnic cooler and converting down AGB brews to extract/grain recipes!
Thanks in advance for the advice.
Cheers,
TL :chug:

Back