My Bar + Fonts For Sale + Wanting To Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dicko ACT

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on AHB. I have been lurking for the last few months, however I have now finished my setup and want to show it off.

We are having pretty average weather here in Canberra, so the lighting is poor in the pictures...

The Bar
I went a little overboard by tiling my bar. However, with a friend who are a tiller and another who is a concrete cutter is was pretty easy.

Rossco (craftbrewer.com.au) has been an absolute champ throughout my project. Most off my gear come though him, the rest came from the Darcy @ Moby Dicks Tavern in Canberra.

Back to the bar, I had one hole cored for the font and another for the gas and temperature probe. I use standard SS backing plates from a plumbing shop to cover up the gas/temp hole.

I use a fridgemate to control the temp, these things are brilliant. With Rossco advice, I have the temperature probe sitting in a plastic water bottle with a piece of copper tubing going through it. This means that the ambient water temperature (beer temp) is read rather than the air temp (which would vary every time I opened the lid).

Gas is regulated by a manifold which allows me to gas up to four kegs individually.

The font is also floodable; eventually I will put in a small water pump so that I get a condensation effect.

The drip tray can be removed for washing/cleaning and there are several coats of 'wet seal' underneath to prevent damage to the clad sheets.

The freezer itself is 300L and can take up to 6 kegs. I use the older 55cm Rheem kegs which I have adapted with modern bar fitting so that they will also fit my homemade miracle box (can also provide pics of that if interested).

Overall, the beer pulls beautifully... Even better than the bar I work at. This is aided by the 'ducks nuts' Shirron taps from Craft Brewer.

If you have any questions about my bar please do contact me. I would be more than happy to help...

4 SALE
I also have 3 stainless steel beer fonts for sale. These are exactly the same as the one I used in my project except that they are 3 pull rather than 4. They are second hand, however I have fitted them with brand new nylon lines. The fonts are floodable. These aren’t to be mistaken with the cheaper chromed or plated fonts that you often see on eBay (these will affect the taste of your brew). Fonts like these sell for $500+ brand new from Andale. I’m selling them for $160 including Oz postage.

Wanting to Buy
In order to finish my bar, I need 2 more stainless steel pinlock gas-in disconnects. If anyone has some for sale or knows someone who might, please let me know. They retail for $50 new, just trying to save a few $.

Cheers guys, look forward to your comments. :party:
IMG_0814__Large_.JPG IMG_0815__Large_.JPG IMG_0816__Large_.JPG IMG_0818__Large_.JPG IMG_0839__Large_.JPG IMG_0840__Large_.JPG IMG_0844__Large_.JPG IMG_0845__Large_.JPG IMG_0823__Large_.JPG IMG_0824__Large_.JPG IMG_0825__Large_.JPG IMG_0830__Large_.JPG IMG_0831__Large_.JPG

If you have any questions about my bar please do contact me. I would be more than happy to help...
That is a sweet setup. I'd love to know how much you 'invested' to make that baby. How much of it did you do yourself?

That is a sweet setup. I'd love to know how much you 'invested' to make that baby. How much of it did you do yourself?

Haha... I try not to think about that. Im a uni student actually, so im pretty thrift with my $'s. I was pretty lucky in all stages of the project. I got the freezer @ cost because of a friend working at the store. Alot of the kegging gear came from the pub I manage (Kippax Tavern in Canberra) and from my good friend Darcy from Moby Dicks Tavern (Canberra). The only really expensive part was the taps... but Rossco (Craft Brewer) looked after me there.

As for the work, I did everything short of laying the tiles and coring the holes. If anyone is in Canberra and needs this type of work done I would be more than happy to pass on their details. 4 the lid, I made a pretty simple timber frame which I painted with black gloss and layed clad board for the tiles to stick 2. Its also important to use silicone treated with an anti-bacterial agent to prevent the beer from rotting away at it.

Cheers,

Tom

Hi Dicko, PM, would like a font, PM sent

Cheers
Jon

Bloody Awesome Setup, Mate!! Even better considering you're still at Uni. I hope the beer that comes out of it does it justice ;)
Congratulations.

What a 1st post... Looks awesome mate :super:

Those 2nd fonts are a bargain, can't see them being on offer for long - gram 'em while you can guys.

cheers Ross

Looks good Dude!! :super:

Groovy looking fonts too...sort of one piece rounded ended T bar...

got any Gold ones?

*Hmmmmm.... i wonder.....*

Sqyre... ;)

Bloody Awesome Setup, Mate!! Even better considering you're still at Uni. I hope the beer that comes out of it does it justice ;)
Congratulations.

That about sums it up. Nice work, mate. It's beautiful. Enjoy it! Good choices made all around :)

reVox

WOW that looks sh!thot dicko. bloody beautiful mate. :beerbang:

how heavy is the lid tho mate,maybe you need gas struts(like on the bootlid of your car) to help lift it and keep it up while you change out the kegs? :p

Hello brewers...

Thank you all for praise. If only the Mrs thought soo much (sure you all know that 1).

Top photo Sqyre (hope you put plenty of dextrose in your brew). Unfortunately I have no gold fonts. Would kill for 1 to be honest!

As for the weight... Its solid, but certainly manageable. The freezer has very solid hindges.

As for the fonts, I have actually sold 4 of them (decided to pull one from my own collection). Shonky, Spookster, T.D. and York are now the new proud owners. Sorry to those ppl who pm and missed out, I went on a 1st come 1st served basis, seemed only fair. I really hit a bargain price, sold out in 5 hours. Congats guys...

If you where after a font and missed out.... dont stress! Im sure I will come across some more...

Thanks to Doc and Back Yard Brewer I only need 1 more gas disconnect (female two prong gas disconnect fitted to line). Please help me out...

Thank every1, got to love this forum! :party:

Dicko

What a 1st post... Looks awesome mate :super:

Those 2nd fonts are a bargain, can't see them being on offer for long - gram 'em while you can guys.

cheers Ross

Could not have done it without ya mate... Love the variety there. Got the gear, if only I had your skill.

Dicko

Latest posts

Back