Murray's Imperious And Punk Monk

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't spent this much time on AHB in ages! Good to be back...

Thanks again for the positives fellas. Always a big compliment as well from you Barry. Not many around that can match your trophy cabinet! Glad to hear you liked the beer.

Growler fills are always dependent on the quality of the fill really for how long it will last. If it isn't poured/filled badly, the seal on the cap is good and it is stored dark and cold it will last well. Our experience is that about 6-7 days pulls most beers up. The more you open the growler the flatter it gets and the greater the oxidation/staling. With a beer as big as Imperious I'd reckon a session with a few friends to share it is the way to go. Drink it in one hit at its freshest and no-one goes home with a sore head! A growler of Imperious at 11% ABV on your own would be a pretty serious effort... Maybe I just need to harden up! And Golani, try Beer Deluxe and The Local Taphouse in Melbourne for the Imperious.

Have a good one!

Shawn.

Just tried the imperious.

holy heck Shawn. great beer. there is no way that feels like an 11% beer.

all the alcohol is totally hidden, and only emerges as a warming well after the beer has been drunk.

I am totally impressed at the great fermentation job on that one.
can i assume there is some simple sugar in it, to raise the alcohol and keep the beer from being too much of a malt bomb?

Just had the Punk Monk off tap at Archive. Definitely one of my favourite beers of the summer. It's somewhat hard to describe, it's not quite a blonde ale as there is more bitterness than you'd expect but it still goes down very nicely.

Just had lunch & the tasting wheel at murrays, my favourite band has been put on ( the beatles!) & I'm drinking the Imperious I could die a happy man right now!

I'm drinking a Punk Monk right now (just arrived in the store this morning) and wow! The aroma, the long taste with the follow up hit. Very impressive. Can't wait for the Imperious...

One of my simple pleasures is to sit in the sun on the lawn at Murrays with a glass of Grand Cru at Lunchtime.
I raised the bar this week and tried the Imperious.
Fantastic beer. 3787?
Shawn are you adding any salt additions to your brewing water?
Thanks
Harry

Latest posts

Back