Mulberries

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok this how.i.would do it
make base beer without berries
the day before racking, defrost berries adding part of a camden tablet and a little water
leave for 24hours then rack on to the fruit mix
leave for the length of time desired then rack again

this looks manageable. where do you get camden tablets from?

cheers

homebrew store. more specifically daves in north sydney

yeah i've read through the threads i believe, and can't remember if i saw anything specifically about juice quantities required. if using juice instead of fruit...there seems to be a lot of unfinished threads... anyway i'll have a look again i could have missed it

From what ive read different fruit need different quantities (i was thinking along the lines of raspberrys approx 1 kg to 8L), i was going to juice them but every thing i read did not seem to do this, it was whole fruit, i came to the conclusion that if you juice (and i was thinking of doing this aswell) you potentally lose fruit pulp which has fruit flavour. I was thinking more along the lines of emersing the fruit in water at 80C for 1 min to sanitise (70C for 2min) and adding to the secondary. Alternativly i have seen Craft Brewer selling some fruit syrups aswell. Unfortunatlely the rains in qld have ment i have had a poor mulberry crop this year and will need to wait till the trees fruit again.

I found a lot of info out their and and on the forum, but still i think their will need to be some trial and error to be done.

I hope this helps.

Back