Mt Tambourine Micros

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mt mellum

Reaction score
Hi all,

firstly, would like to apologise if I offended anybody by asking a question about the possible sale of a micro at mount tambourine. I was called by a mate from Northern NSW who asked the question and so I went to the best place I know to get such questions answered out of pure curisoity. still not quite sure how such a question could be a negative for the brewery even if it was for sale (i'm clear that there isn't given the directness of the posts). this is the forum a prospective buyer would go to gauge support for a given micro.

Have been to both micros on the mountain and enjoyed some of the beers so therefore have supported them. Apologies to Chappo who took particularly harsh the question.

Secondly, have read a lot of posts in different topics by a few of the posters in this topic. and correctly, I joined a couple of years ago and read a lot but didn't post much. Found all the info I needed by searching the forums. didn't feel the incessant need to post unneccesarily cause it can just get in the way of the right people posting. and also haven't spent my time researching the posters to any topic i've started or posted in. More important thigns in life. Don't have a lot of info in my profile cause it seems to be used poorly. For the record, kit and kilo/additives a lot (+50 times) , no kegging and have also done a few u brew its at kawana and at virginia. Hope this clears it up for those interested to any level. one day I hope to have the level of experience to be prepared to post more regularly

Interesting how no-one PM'd me to correct me or to ask where I was coming from? welcome that.

and finally, why are more and more forums (I'm a member of four forums all up) turning into places where there seems to be distrust before there is trust. what would've I gained from posting this question if it was malicious? I don't get that at all.

maybe we should remember that forums are where like minded people gather to talk the same thing in a learning environment. hopefully this topic doesn't turn into the slamming the other one did.

and now back to our regular programming

You ask some interesting questions. A couple of thoughts; the number of people on AHB has exploded over the last 2-3 years. It's not unusual to find that mistrust tends to grow as people lose touch with each other. Another factor is of course that in a large group you tend to get "in" groups, cliches if you like, which guard their exclusivity jealously.
Anyway, well done for answering your critics so comprehensively

the number of people on AHB has exploded over the last 2-3 years........

I notice the number continues to grow, but if you leave or you become less enthused don't visit or post, you are still counted as a member. Maybe a more accurate figure would be people who have posted in the past 12 or even 6 months.
Just a thought.
James

I read your initial post and to me was a fairly simple question so I don't see any reason why you should apologise.

As Patrick noted, with the large number of people on AHB now there are little groups who like to start posting needless crap at times. This now seems to be more commonplace, maybe whatever it takes to drive up the post count.

This unfortunately has led to a number of quality brewers that don't post on AHB anymore.

Latest posts

Back