Msb Two Row Lager

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfarrell

Reaction score
I happend to pick up a MSB Fermenter/Kit very cheap the other day (Had missing parts), and I whipped up the supplied two row lager, Wow I've never tasted anything like it, malty, deliciousionous *8)

I have two questions, should it look like mud? It's been sitting in the fermenter 2 weeks, and it's so murky it isn't funny?

Also, are their any kits like it? What styles of kit beers taste similar? I'd like to push a 23Litre version which I can let sit and clear up?

Thanks for listening

Question 1: no beer should look like mud
The trick is to get the beer out of the fermenter while leaving the sediment behind. If you do nothing else you can try leaving the fermenter an extra few days after it stops fermenting so as the yeast can settle out, then take care not to disturb it during bottling.
Not as effective as some other methods, but if you give it time to settle properly you can get your beer as clear as any commercial bottle conditioned beers.

Q2: now thats an open question, there's plenty of info around on the web in forums like this.
MSB make a rather good lager, maybe you should try putting two cans together to make a 23 litre batch.

Question 1: no beer should look like mud
The trick is to get the beer out of the fermenter while leaving the sediment behind. If you do nothing else you can try leaving the fermenter an extra few days after it stops fermenting so as the yeast can settle out

Heya

Thanks for the reply, problem with this is it's all been in the fermenter 2 weeks now. I've never had to leave a beer in the fermenter longer than two weeks. It doesn't bother me too much, because it tastes so yummy. Maybe the 11litre fermenters' tap is too low in the fermenter and I'm sucking out trub? Dunno, don't really care, it tastes yummy.

If I where to make a coopers lager <or any lager kit> and use all malt fermentables, do you think it would taste similar?

Heya

Thanks for the reply, problem with this is it's all been in the fermenter 2 weeks now. I've never had to leave a beer in the fermenter longer than two weeks. It doesn't bother me too much, because it tastes so yummy. Maybe the 11litre fermenters' tap is too low in the fermenter and I'm sucking out trub? Dunno, don't really care, it tastes yummy.

If I where to make a coopers lager <or any lager kit> and use all malt fermentables, do you think it would taste similar?

Kieran - if its finished fermenting get it off the yeast cake and bottle it fairly soonish. It will clear in the bottles. You'll never get clear wort in a fermenter unless its been racked to secondary and cc'd for weeks....and even then its still got a lot of clearing to to.
Cheers
Steve

P.S. Have a look at: www.hbkitreviews.com for more ideas.

Latest posts

Back