Mountain Goat Ipa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE DRUNK ARAB

Zen Arcade
Reaction score
Anyone care to hazard a guess at the bittering level of this beer. I have some Pacific Gem (thanks Jazman :beerbang: ) and plan to do a clone of this as my next brew. Won't be using organic pils malt however.

From my tastebuds I would say it is around 35-40 IBU.

C&B
TDA

Would be about right... Perhaps on the lower side..

Not bitter enough or strong for an IPA for my taste (still a nice beer)

I rate the JS IPA quite highly though... I dont know what is truer to the style...

I'd say at the lower end of what you have there too, possibly 35ibu at the max at a guess.

According to them there is some light munich in there aswell as the hippy tree hugging pils.

By the way a new beer is out a hefeweizen only in kegs and a mention of not looking at bottles so hopefully a keg or two makes it to the wheaty.

Good luck with it, the last pint i had was full of yeast and i was a little dissapointed because ussually its reasonbly clear and lovely, sometimes its been a little on the grassy side aswell but ussually its nice.

Born to booze
Jayse

I agree with Jayse, I'd stab for 35. Goat IPA is imo a fairly light-on beer in the malt department and Pac Gem has a fairly high cohumulone percentage so I wouldn't want to go too high.

Thanks fellas.

I have been reliabely informed that it is the high 30's. ( :beer: johnno)

C&B
TDA

TDA

Reckon it would partner an Ameer Vindaloo nicely too. :p

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
TDA

Reckon it would partner an Ameer Vindaloo nicely too. :p

Warren -
[post="118655"][/post]​

I'm with you there for sure Warren! Or one of Ameer's Tandooried leg of lamb. ;)

Latest posts

Back