Motueka B-sazz

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some Pacifica (I know it's not related), which is good for a light pilsener.

Nelson and Citra go really well together - they are complementary and neither is capable of overpowering the other.

Use late in the boil. Any sort of 10 minute IPA is good, but I do like a bitter backbone and a decent malt bill and then trucks of it at 10m to really shine through.

The Mad Brewers Hoppy Hefe uses Motueka and Citra - and I find Motueka very similar to Nelson, though not so much the grapish aspect.

Goomba

I just did a 10min IPA with 225gm of B-Saaz @ 10min, tasted good going into the fermenter, I'll let you know how it turns out in a few weeks. ;)

The chinook i grow at home is very close to Motueka/B-Saaz, i use it a lot given i get well in excess of 500g dry each year. I've used commercial B Saaz as well and they are very similar.

Goes well in a golden ale (original and the rye version), a 10 min IPA and a light amber ale (3%).

I did a medieval strong beer with Maris Otter, Oats, and dried green peas in the mash. Bottled on the weekend.

Finished off with a great whacking dose of Motueka (about IPA levels)... I gotta say, I love this hop...

Back