Morgans Bishops Bitter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rclemmett

Reaction score
I just thought I'd share my experience......

I have been very lazy of late and have only made two AG beers this year. So I decided to put down a Bishops bitter with 500g LDME, 200g crystal, 10g choc and 10g Nelson Sauvin.

It is an absolute cracker and I definately recommend it

I have been very lazy of late and have only made two AG beers this year. So I decided to put down a Bishops bitter with 500g LDME, 200g crystal, 10g choc and 10g Nelson Sauvin.

Thanks for that.
I actually bought Bishops Bitter today so now I will give your recipe a crack :icon_cheers:

+1!

My brother bought me a tin of Bishop's to kick my HB career off about a year ago, fell in love with it then and I still put one on as k&b occasionally- its just brill :icon_drunk: and I was terribly spoilt.

Hi Rob2,

Mate, your ingredients read like a tasty brew... can you please post the method/process you used to create this "absolute cracker" of a beer :chug:

and one last question... what is the 10g of choc?

Thank you in anvance for your reply

Cheers
Carboy :)

Hi Rob2,

Mate, your ingredients read like a tasty brew... can you please post the method/process you used to create this "absolute cracker" of a beer :chug:

and one last question... what is the 10g of choc?

Thank you in anvance for your reply

Cheers
Carboy :)

Hi Carboy,

200g crystal grain and 10g chocolate grain in 4L pot with about 2L of hot water from tap (65C), steeped for half an hour with lid on. Strained liquid into larger 12L pot, topped up to 4L and added 500g LDME. Brought to boil for about 20mins then added 10g Nelson Sauvin for another 5mins. Turned heat off and stirred in kit. Let sit in pot (lid on) for about 10mins to pasteurize. Then put pot in sink with running cold water to cool. Mixed to 22L and pitched yeast (15g English ale) at 21C, placed fermenter in fridge set to 19C.

Feel free to ask if that doesn't make sense...

Cheers.

edit: left out stage... oops.

Back