More Beer! Heated and Cooled Conical Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last thing my brothers and I bought were three 20 litre Braumeister from Germany I think they were $1600 AUD each got delivered to my door with just a signature for receipt of goods.
If every parcel and every container had to be checked they would need an army of employees in customs and excise, if it was the equipment you were enquiring about it was from Alibaba I was looking under 50 litre brewing equipment and I think the company was Shandong Equipment Technology but there is quite a lot and they all seem to be from Shandong Province.

Parcels and containers don't need to be checked, the import documentation is what the duties are applied on. -_-

Agree with you Punkin in your case I would imagine you are using a customs agent to clear your goods in which case the duties and taxes have to be paid, coming through the post is like going through a breath test some are stopped and checked and the others go through.

Wooh! Another thread successfully derailed! Cheers guys!

The 100L one is at least in the reasonable ball park. This is something I have been looking in to recently, I want to move conical but I need it to be temp controlled due to size constraints.

Same cooling system as those cheap 12v coolers that keep things cool but won't chill.
I want another for ales. So I have been thinking that a hermit coil mounted in the lid with ice bank chiller would be the way to go and around the same price.

FWIW (And getting a bit off topic) if the item you purchase is manufactured in the US, you can usually get the duty exempt due to the Aus/USA Free Trade Agreement. Chances are you'll have to pay the duty prior to it being released from Customs, but you can then claim it back via whomever did your brokering.

Back