Milk Crates - Fair Game?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nar i dont say he is lying.. Ill stick to my non milk creates if i take my beer anywhere..

They belong to the milk companies but not too many shop keepers would care if a few went missing.
My local Norco guy came to my house to borrow my cheese making fridge & when I led him into the garage & opened the door, it suddenly dawned upon me that I have 22 of his crates stacked up against the garage back wall. I shit myself for a split second but luckily there was a lot of crap all over the place & he failed to notice them.

The dump shop in pine rivers sells them. wonder what the cops and owners would make of the council flogging them off.

The dump shop in pine rivers sells them. wonder what the cops and owners would make of the council flogging them off.

there would be some council bylaw saying if it gets to the dump then it's considered abandoned etc i reckon

i guess it's like making movable brew rigs from shopping trollies.......

you could just call the milk company and say, i have 10 of your crates here some fool left on my yard. when they never come and get them they are abbandoned and yours..

Well I am glad for all of the responses, and I am also glad I have started a good discussion!

I can see the reasoning behind kegs remaining the property of the MegaSwill breweries, because at the end of the day they are worth a pretty penny (mmm Stainless Steel *drool*)

But at the end of the day, milk crates, being worth $3 or so, would very 'write-offable'

I am not in desperate need for any right now, but I thought having a few would be useful. Particularly as I am still scratching around in the dark world of bottling.

I will keep my eyes peeled and see what crops up.

Thanks all!

if you want something buy it/pay for it and keep the reciept...cheers.....spog................

Back