Micromatic PremiumPLUS

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atregent

Reaction score
Hi all

I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to a Micromatic regulator and ordered from an online store.

I thought I was ordering a Premium, but received a PremiumPLUS instead, which is a sealed, non-serviceable unit. It was also a little cheaper than other places ($75 compared to $100ish), so I'm assuming that's why.

From this page, the PremiumPLUS has the following additional "features"

• Excellent pressure setting at any time
• Stainless steel valve seat
• Tamper evident cap on adjustment screw
• Pressure adjustment with Allen key
• Non service product
• Integrated safety relieve valve
• SK approval

I expect that the quality is just as good, but being non-serviceable concerns me a little.

Does anyone have experience with the PremiumPLUS? Should I hold on to it, or try and return it?

Cheers
Anthony

I did the same. I thought i was getting a second Micromatic Premium but ended up with PremiumPlus. Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realise they were non serviceable.

I guess if the non serviceable part bothers you greatly then return it. Otherwise make sure you have a non return valve in the line and it shouldn't need servicing.
Service kit is about $30 plus postage.

To be honest, being able to service it didn't really present itself as an issue to me until I found out that I couldn't.

The gauges are removable, so there shouldn't be an issue adding a second and eventually third on the chain, and having to use an allen key to adjust the pressure isn't necessarily a bad thing (keeps unwanted knob twiddlers at bay).

I think the biggest concern I have now is that I can't find it listed on any of the micromatic web sites.

Update: I got a reply to my query from the seller. Apparently the Premium are being replaced with the PremiumPLUS. It's hard to know for sure if this is actually the case, or just a line I'm being fed though. I've also emailed micro-matic Australia to see what the go is.

atregent said:
Update: I got a reply to my query from the seller. Apparently the Premium are being replaced with the PremiumPLUS. It's hard to know for sure if this is actually the case, or just a line I'm being fed though. I've also emailed micro-matic Australia to see what the go is.
Nah, he's being straight up. However, Micromatic have changed hands in Australia very recently, so only time will tell if the original is/is not going to be available. Waiting for a query on this to be answered now actually. With luck, they might start to bring in the gear that's available to consumers everywhere else in the world too.

Well, I decided to hang on to it and got it all set up on the weekend.

They're a very nice regulator to adjust, and hold their setting perfectly. Much nice than the Tesuco regulator I'm replacing.

Back