Malt muncher

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about to retire mine and replace it with a Mashmaster probably in the next year
The bearings are shite, mine doesn't have stainless rollers, so they rusted a little when I was storing it in my damp shed back in Coffs Harbour
Though it's served me good for 4 years now

koolkuna said:
I want to buy a 2 roller malt mill for Xmas EBay $118 delivered comments please
Expect it to last for a little while but it will fail at some point.

I bought one, it's had about 300 kgs of grain through it and packed up recently. I couldn't be arsed to fix the stiff bearing as too busy with work and have given it to a mate who starting to get into allgrain and recons he will fix it up, so just bought a fluted mashmaster from craft brewer.
It's a weapon, and efficiency has gone up about 5-10 % as well .

Cheers

Mmm, those fluted rollers are fuckin brilliant. I only have one on mine as I had one of the older knurled models, but it definitely improved my grain crush and efficiency.

A bit more expensive than $120 though, so I imagine the malt muncher would be alright for a while judging by other comments. Can always upgrade later although my inclination would be to spend a little more and buy once something that will last for years.

Latest posts

Back