Lube

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bought about 12 kegs from that guy and they have all been good . Some of the ones I picked up had original "O" rings but he gave me new ones that I popped in , No drama .I know its no good for the weekend but I'm sure he'll come good once he knows . I have bought other stuff from him with no complaints .

Buster

+1

Budron where are you located?

Almost on topic.....

For the lube users (snicker), do you apply it to the keg posts so that the quick disconnects come off easier or is it to make removing the actual posts themselves easier?

Yeah, it's to make the QD removal easier. IMO the proper keg lube is perfect for the job, I used vasoline before and it isn't as good.

Edit: Budron - just keep emailing them. send 1 per day and if still no answer send one saying you will refer the matter to ebay and Consumer Affairs by the end of the week if no action. that will get them moving

Isn't the ebay keg guy operating out of the US? Makes stuff like that harder to take care of.

Blutak on the inside of the keg to smooth out the rough stuff

cheers

Darren

Got all my equipment together, except for 1 thing.................food grade lube.
I wont have time to order it online for it to be here before the weekend.

As long as you are in the Auspost express zone area, any number of online retailers should be able to help you.

Cheers Ross

It's leaking around where the lid sits. I've tried the lid from the keg that is holding pressure and it's doing the same thing, so i've narrowed it down to the keg itself and not the lid.
There is signs of welding around the keg edge where the lid sits. I can feel underneath where the big lid o-ring would make contact and it's not smooth, it's bumpy. i've tried to take a pic, but the keg doesn't seem to photogenic, so apologies for the quality.
Basically, just showing where the welding work has been done.
3814110236_b265d76535.jpg

Is the keg leaking from the weld itself? If it is, demand a replacement. The weld shows signs of rust from the photo, so to be honest, I would be requesting a replacement regardless. If it's just leaking through the seal though, a soft O' ring plus some lube should get you out of trouble.

Cheers Ross

Blutak on the inside of the keg to smooth out the rough stuff

cheers

Darren
carn Daz you can do better than that. I was thinking good old selley's silicon.

edit: Ross is right. if its a new keg and the keg is leaking, then its faulty and you are owed another one.

Isn't the ebay keg guy operating out of the US? Makes stuff like that harder to take care of.
hmmm well ebay can still help you. the advert says all pressure tested etc. its obviously not holding pressure and thus needs to be replaced.

Budron where are you located?

Just outside of Adelaide.

I dont think it's leaking from the weld itself, just from the underside being rough and bumpy and the o-ring not making a seal on it.
The o-ring seems new and soft.

As long as you are in the Auspost express zone area, any number of online retailers should be able to help you.

Cheers Ross

So when is the lubrifilm coming into stock Ross??

Could we use the Paraliq GB-363 for the seals?

Just to let you guys know, I finally had a reply from the ebay seller the_kegging_company.

He apologised and offered to send a replacement and to pay the postage to, and from.

The solution I was looking for. The only downside, a fermented beer that will have to sit in a cube for awhile until the new keg gets here.

Thanks for all the advice! :D

How has he managed to stay away from this thread? Was the thread title/subtitle started with the intention of inviting him here?

Seriously... waiting for

Lube - Do I need it? by bum

Yes, I'm immature. I mean, am not.

So when is the lubrifilm coming into stock Ross??

Could we use the Paraliq GB-363 for the seals?

Yes you can use Paraliq GB-363 for the seals. Mine arrived today along with 4 kegs. Ross said you only need the smallest amount.

Im having a bit of trouble working out where to put the small rubber seals. Any clues?

Budron,

If you are in Adelaide I can give you some keg lube to get you through. If you are not within the metropolitan area, send me a PM with your address and I will send you some (still reckon a bit of blu tak will work very well)

cheers

Darren

@Darren

I'm actually getting some lube sent with the new keg, but thanks anyway mate, much appreciated!

I tried the blutack thing to no avail, I think it must been right stuffed up!

I'm not trying to take anything away from the sites sponsors, but you can get food grade lube from bearing supply shops like SKF, CBC ect. The brand I have is Inox-mx6

I have the Inox MX6 as well, got it at a Mitre10.

Yes you can use Paraliq GB-363 for the seals. Mine arrived today along with 4 kegs. Ross said you only need the smallest amount.

Im having a bit of trouble working out where to put the small rubber seals. Any clues?

Well I hope you got it sorted already, but the small ones go between the dip tube and keg body, middle ones on the keg post, large on on the lid.

Thanks cdbrown, i worked it out. My next problem is, i got two black and 2 blue kegs. They have different shape body connects at the bottom. The black ones were easy to get the Body Connects off but the blue ones im still struggling with.

Do you unscrew them right at the bottom? And can i use some WD40 to loosen them?

TYVM Damian

I had one in my set from Ross that was a bit stubborn..

I found a ring spanner and a steel capped boot work wonders....Argue with me you inanimate object...

Back