• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Longnecks Sought

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benh82

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just checking to see if anyone in the greater Brissie area has surplus longnecks.

Have been keeping an eye on ebay but nothing up lately.

Obviously very happy to pay within reason.....

Alternatively, do all manufacturers use 'single use' tallies as I've read, or are some stronger (in which case I'll start buying them that way!)

Ben

If you have a bench capper (which you really should, they're brilliant and reliable) you can use any longneck without fear.

Coopers longnecks usually are made of thicker glass than Fosters/Lion Nathan longnecks (I'm pretty sure... you'll have to check in a booze shop).

I have been going to the tip to get mine! The tip near me has a bunch of glass recycle bins and they let me rummage through those to find what I want. I have been gathering champagne bottles and been getting about a dozen a week for nicks!

+2 for Coopers long necks.

I also have some VB longnecks which I have had no problems with. Make sure they are clean and you shall be fine.

I tend to collect after drinking the contents...! :lol: (not VB though - those were from the father in law)

Back