Long Brew Weekend 2004

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brewing my "black blood" scrumpy this week. On the long weekend i might be tempted to buy another fermenter and lay down a toffee porter.

I'm also stealing my mothers old 1965 Kelvinator out of the back shed, and trying to pump life back into it to become a brew fridge for my place.

TDA I'll be brewing the winning Mash Paddle entry, so you should save yourself some time and brew something else. I'll also be making a Mild. Have a nice big starter of Wyeast 1028 for an Ordinary Bitter which will win the Mash Paddle and another starter of Southwold yeast for the Mild. It'll be my first time using the Southwold yeast.

Cheers
Mark

Too many family doo's on and don't want to start a fight with SWMBO. May get around to kegging an English Bitter mini-mash. Will be drinking my Coopers Best Stout clone (brewed by fluke, wasn't intending to copy such greatness, but, fortunately the clone is better than the original!!!!!)

im gunna be busy.
bottle 2 ipas
rack to jerry can a wheat & a stout
and maybe try to brew another stout (guinness clone hopefully).
plus i have a lot of brew cleaning to do.
visit my parents friday or sat,
dinner with gf parents sunday.

geez that sounds like a lot.

cheers
crackers

The closest Im getting to brew is racking the oatmeal stout I brewed last w/end(on the wife's birthday), and clean the fermenter.

MAH said:
TDA I'll be brewing the winning Mash Paddle entry, so you should save yourself some time and brew something else. I'll also be making a Mild. Have a nice big starter of Wyeast 1028 for an Ordinary Bitter which will win the Mash Paddle and another starter of Southwold yeast for the Mild. It'll be my first time using the Southwold yeast.

Cheers
Mark
After reading the post from MAH I have just tipped out 23 litres of a 5 hour, 1038, 30IBU, not quite fermenting yet but I will be going to church so imagine my prayers will be answered, Bitter!!!!!!!!!! :p

Bollocks and Bollocks
TDA

is MAH hoppsy?
if so good to see you on AHB.

cheers jayse

well my mash paddle is in CC
and I am not tipping it out from some MAH , because it's a winner :D :p

Good luck all

wee stu said:
the cc fridge blew up on me :(

Losing the cc fridge has thrown my future brew plans around a fair whack.
Imagine my surprise when I got home to find the CC fridge as good as new!
SWMBO had a day off on Thursday and got it fixed - "don't ask how much it cost!" she tells me.
Methinks she was eyeing the fridge off for Easter food overflow, but it'll have it's daytime job back soon :D

Bloody hell batz, do you secondary ferment? I thought you only brewed it last w/end ... I did mine then and it has only today graduated to secondary :rolleyes:.

You must have brewed earlier or have some fancy turbo yeast!

/me hopes it is a winner brew!

No brewing at Reg's brewery this weekend - instead I'm packing up to move house - (where the first thing to be unpacked will be the brewery :).

cheers
reg

Jasony
My mash paddle was brewed 26/3

Double brew day today. Two all grain beers.

A Dunkelweizen and a Stout.
Not quite the original brews, but it seems some of my yeasts are getting a bit past it. Ended up having to use dried yeasts for both brews. Always good to keep a couple of sachets on hand for emergencys.

So the Marzen-Oktoberfest will get brewed next brewday with either another Saison or IPA.

Hope everyone elses long brew weekend went well.

Beers,
Doc

as i work weekends my brew time is week days.
anyway i found similar probs with some yeast kept for some time and iam now just happy to get around 5 brews out of them within a reasonble short time.
i know if i put more effort into culturing i could do better but iam quite happy to do it that way and buy new yeast.
once i get older and wiser i'll go the slants and very tight culturing procedure but for now this way is the easiest.

iam doing my second mash paddle tommorow with the youngs yeast.
then the next day i'll do SFIPA with simcoe and amarillio.
as far a style based brewing iam just about done with that.

cheers (here listening to the chains)jayse.

i dont really understand the style based brews either jayse. Unless of course your doing a competition.

Just make a beer...if you like it...... make it better B)

yep the skunk fart pale ale although some might think its a APA in a comp its not, is much more fruity and potent.
but thats the beer i like.

anyway iam of for the night good nite all.

jayse

Well, I racked my IIPA today and brewed a robust porter. Cleaned the bathroom and washed a shitload of dishes too. Quite a productive day.

Even made time to go to the WC brewers meeting :)

Latest posts

Back