Locked Out - Arrrrgggghhhhh The Humanity

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I have no broadband until Tuesday week when I move house. Currently sitting at a tard kiosk in the shopping centre surrounded by facebookian kids planning next schoolyard bashing. It's absolutely shocking to discover how welded to the Internet I've become, it's like half my right hemisphere has been removed ... can't pay bills, message people, shop online, check the weather etc. I might have to start reading books :eek: :eek: Last night I was so desperate for a screen to look at that I even watched a couple of cop and law shows on TV and surprisingly got sucked in. Well I can always play Age of Empires to get my fix.

Anyway signing off as my two bucks is about to expire, check in tomorrow. sob sob unf unf.

:icon_cheers:

And the ******* keys are all in the wrong place <_<

I have no broadband until Tuesday week when I move house. Currently sitting at a tard kiosk in the shopping centre surrounded by facebookian kids planning next schoolyard bashing. It's absolutely shocking to discover how welded to the Internet I've become, it's like half my right hemisphere has been removed ... can't pay bills, message people, shop online, check the weather etc. I might have to start reading books :eek: :eek: Last night I was so desperate for a screen to look at that I even watched a couple of cop and law shows on TV and surprisingly got sucked in. Well I can always play Age of Empires to get my fix.

Anyway signing off as my two bucks is about to expire, check in tomorrow. sob sob unf unf.

I feeel for you Bribie, my laptop has died so I have no computer at all when I go away from home for work, 'oh, the humanity'

Paul

I've got an iPhone, so I can still go on the internet whenever...

they have blocked all my favourite websites at work...so now I have to look them up on my iPhone...

Depending on your mobile phone and carrier - tether it via USB or bluetooth.

My carrier is 7c/MB - which is fine for browsing the web.

Rob.

I had the same troube for a while, now I strugle the otherway when popping back n the old english laptop.

Me too BRIBIE...

I have been travelling in Victoria.......
But i am in Wangaratta.....For another three days.....
using their Computor in the lobby drinking "Beer "..???
Cheers
Pj

I've got an iPhone, so I can still go on the internet whenever...

they have blocked all my favourite websites at work...so now I have to look them up on my iPhone...

hey phill i know this probably isnt a good thing to tell you, for your works sake that is. But have you tried proxys? At work go to http://www.ninjacloak.com/ or any proxy site will work. Down the bottom type the link you want to get to such as AHB and you will most likely get on to it unless they have blocked proxys as well.. Hope it works.
eddy

Hello BribieG,

I have an idea, anything to help. I will copy the Internet onto a DVD or two for you and send it via the post :huh:

Keep an eye out for it mate...!

Rendo B)

I have no broadband until Tuesday week when I move house. Currently sitting at a tard kiosk in the shopping centre surrounded by facebookian kids planning next schoolyard bashing. It's absolutely shocking to discover how welded to the Internet I've become, it's like half my right hemisphere has been removed ... can't pay bills, message people, shop online, check the weather etc. I might have to start reading books Last night I was so desperate for a screen to look at that I even watched a couple of cop and law shows on TV and surprisingly got sucked in. Well I can always play Age of Empires to get my fix.

Hello BribieG,

I have an idea, anything to help. I will copy the Internet onto a DVD or two for you and send it via the post :huh:

Keep an eye out for it mate...!

Rendo B)

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds like me, Friday night the DSL signal on our line decided to just not play the game, tech support only got it back up lunch today. As you said mate you don't realise how convienient the Internet is until it's gone!

Moved in march just a few houses away from the old place but still took over a week to transfer, I feel your pain but like others have mentioned I use my nokia which can project a wifi point so I can hook up the iPod touch or laptop - slow but better than nothing.

hey phill i know this probably isnt a good thing to tell you, for your works sake that is. But have you tried proxys? At work go to http://www.ninjacloak.com/ or any proxy site will work. Down the bottom type the link you want to get to such as AHB and you will most likely get on to it unless they have blocked proxys as well.. Hope it works.
eddy

Thanks mate. I assumed that there was some way around it. But if they ever found out, they would probably fire me...at least with the iPhone they can't check my browsing history etc.