Location Of Taps In Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drfad

Reaction score
Hi all,

Best Father's Day ever!!
:icon_chickcheers:
Got a kegger starting pack (ok, so the hints weren't that subtle) and am champing at the bit to get it into the fridge, but before I do, I have a quick question.

It's an upside down fridge/freezer and I want the taps to be reasonably low but am not sure if this would be a problem. I've had a search on here and the only reference I can see is where someone stated they have their taps higher than halfway up the keg. Does anybody know if there is any recommended height "on the keg" where a tap should be installed?

Cheers

Fad

Hi all,

Best Father's Day ever!!
:icon_chickcheers:
Got a kegger starting pack (ok, so the hints weren't that subtle) and am champing at the bit to get it into the fridge, but before I do, I have a quick question.

It's an upside down fridge/freezer and I want the taps to be reasonably low but am not sure if this would be a problem. I've had a search on here and the only reference I can see is where someone stated they have their taps higher than halfway up the keg. Does anybody know if there is any recommended height "on the keg" where a tap should be installed?

Cheers

Fad

Hmmm,

I suppose if you have the taps below the keg the beer could siphon out, which means you may need less pressure than you could use to balance the system.

But why do you want the taps so low? I have an upside down fridge, and my Taps are above the kegs, which is the perfect height for pouring a beer while looking at the glass without having to bend over

Hi Drfad,

Crozdog has done up an excellent spreadsheet you can get here: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...14988&st=20

It sorted all of my issues out after I moved house and things went haywire with my setup.

You can add a negative value for tap height which will add additional beer line length for additional resistance due to gravity.

Just decide how carbonated you want you beers (I like 2.5ish for my APA's) and set the c02 reg / fridge temp accordingly.

Cheers

Hi Drfad,

Crozdog has done up an excellent spreadsheet you can get here: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...14988&st=20

It sorted all of my issues out after I moved house and things went haywire with my setup.

You can add a negative value for tap height which will add additional beer line length for additional resistance due to gravity.

Just decide how carbonated you want you beers (I like 2.5ish for my APA's) and set the c02 reg / fridge temp accordingly.

Cheers

That's fantastic. Thanks a lot mate!

Fad

Back