Little Creatures Pale Ale Post Buy Out

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the hop profile has always been a little different but I've certainly never had a dud, I reckon it's all in your head.

Seems like a pretty generic response. Fair enough to as they're too big enough to care about the odd person that detects changes in quality. They have established their brand and in todays world branding is far more important then the end product. I won't be buying anymore but for them, that's 0.000001% of their sales.

Liam_snorkel said:
the hop profile has always been a little different but I've certainly never had a dud, I reckon it's all in your head.
I reckon it's all in your head that you haven't detected changes. The alcohol has gone from 5.7% to 5.2% no? That's tastable and that's got nothing to do with the hops.

Anyways when it comes to taste everyone is different.

A while back, I could be wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time.

droid said:

the beechworth has that dry hopped aroma and late hops in the mouth but the lcpa was bland with no aroma at all - it was still bitter but that is not the beer I fell in love with all those years ago back in WA, there is no way you could serve that to someone and say it is styled on an APA

the only other thing that might be worth trying is taking some over to WA next week when I go and compare to the local but who cares really

to me it seems the late hop additions and dry hop additions have been scaled back if not withdrawn altogether

RIP LCPA (at this household)

edit and the John Boston was a nice fresh tasting beer for a 4.2, more aroma than the lcpa and I would have it over coopers green
Agreed, and moorish.
4.2 makes it a mid strength in my book. So its cool to drink half a slab in an afternoon..

LCPA has long been a favorite of mine, but whenever I've had a marginal one, I'd bet my house crook handling was the culprit, not the actual hop profile.
If I decide to splash out on a carton of anything crafty, and thus pricey, I'll grab a stubby first and see how that goes. Not a perfect system, but if all I'm getting from a single bottle is some slightly bitter crystal and malt, no reason to think multiplying it by 24 (from the same outlet) will yield a better result.

Latest posts

Back