Little Creatures Pale Ale Malt Bill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon it's the poor handling/mis-treatment flavour... it's a bit of a journey getting it from over there in the west to the east coast, and I've noticed that different times of the year, LCPA can be wildly different. For instance, last month or so it has been noticably cooler in the southern part of the country. Woolies liquor had a 20% off sale on cartons so I bought a toon of LCPA... it was dated early April, so reasonably fresh. It was fantastic, so I went back and bought another one with a similar date.

I'm sure the boys at LC can't really control how long their beer sits in a hot place outside, or in the sun on a truck. The side of the box states "keep refrigertaed", so if you find a good supplier, stick to it. If the place you buy it from is crap, tell them and tell LC also, I know for a fact they appreciate the feedback ;)

Yeah - the one time I've had it on tap it was much nicer. Could even be that it was the cap on the bottle - but even pouring it off it still had that rusty taste.

Back