Lifestyle Channel - Young Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the pub with one beer

starts : march 12th monday 9pm (series premier)
lifestyle channel 106/21

Looks like a "contrived" reality show with 2 spoiled rich kids.

I counted 10 cliches in that little add.Sums it up really.

Wasn't there a movie in the 80's - "2 pricks n a brewery"?

A show about a couple of wankers and their dads cheque book - may as well see what paris n nicole, harry etc are upto really... I CBF with a show like that. Sorry for being rude but it bugs me that pricks like that get the lime light and I hope the venture goes tits up.

Why not make a show about a couple of punters starting a microbrewery that brews something on the mainstream fringes(EG: A tripel or dopplebock etc in addition to the staple Pilsener, Pale Ale n Wheat Beer). The exposure of "left field beers" would prob get megaswill drinkers to think outside the square and increase microbrewery sales and in turn increase the demand for quality brews and widen consumer choices ........preaching to the converted, I know, but just a thought.

They try to make a good beer or great beer, with that they tip many and hence the tittle "the pub with one beer" they create a good one, I will be watching it!

Oh does anyone remember the one that was on months ago it was about homebrewing, were they went through the process of commercial brewerys such as castlemain perkins (xxx gold) and just other home brewers? unsure of the name. I have also contacted foxtel to try and get them to put something on in regards to homebrewing.

Wasn't there a movie in the 80's - "2 pricks n a brewery"?

A show about a couple of wankers and their dads cheque book - may as well see what paris n nicole, harry etc are upto really... I CBF with a show like that. Sorry for being rude but it bugs me that pricks like that get the lime light and I hope the venture goes tits up.

Jeez... You guys can be critical :excl:

So what if their parents have money & have given them a chance. Running a brewery is stiill bloody hard work & at the end of the day they'll want to make it work. Not only that, but they are going to be open to the critcal gaze of thousands - Personally, I reckon it'll be fascinating & will reserve my judgement until I've watched the series. As for saying, you hope it goes tits up "the big poppy syndrome is certainly alive & kicking, hey :ph34r:

cheers Ross

I thought it sounded interesting but I dont have foxtel. Might have a look for a torrent after it's aired

I agree with Ross, best to wait & judge after watching

Half their luck I reckon

Cheers

Remember that this isn't exactly a fly-on-the-wall documentary.

In other words, it isn't "hey lets buy a pub and make a go of it", it's "hey let's buy a pub and make a show of it".

I don't know what sort of dollars Foxtel pay for shows like this or how much income it will generate (watch out for commercial arrangements and product placement) - but my point is that the 'project' may be a success even if the pub itself crashes and burns. Is their objective to become publicans or TV personalities?

I'm also speculating that 2 little rich kids have never made homebrew. Do they have a passion, an aptitude or even an interest in brewing beer?!

According to this episode guide they install pokies and sack the brewer.

I hate 'reality' shows with a passion, and I'm not sure I'd have enough empathy for these guys to change that.

I agree with Ross, best to wait & judge after watching

Half their luck I reckon

Cheers

I second that totally agree.....don't knock the show till you have seen it, And beside's least they are gettin out their and not just sitting around cause the parents are rich.......

Remember that this isn't exactly a fly-on-the-wall documentary.

In other words, it isn't "hey lets buy a pub and make a go of it", it's "hey let's buy a pub and make a show of it".

I don't know what sort of dollars Foxtel pay for shows like this or how much income it will generate (watch out for commercial arrangements and product placement) - but my point is that the 'project' may be a success even if the pub itself crashes and burns. Is their objective to become publicans or TV personalities?

I'm also speculating that 2 little rich kids have never made homebrew. Do they have a passion, an aptitude or even an interest in brewing beer?!

According to this episode guide they install pokies and sack the brewer.

I hate 'reality' shows with a passion, and I'm not sure I'd have enough empathy for these guys to change that.
thanks for that wortgames. I think you're right, its not even worth a look. highlights:

"In the brewery Dave has to battle a beer crisis when he discovers that the one and only beer that the pub sells is flat."

"And ever since the George has been in Picton it has been the only pub in the area (and possibly in Australia) that has not had poker machines. But again thats all about to change"

these sound like two guys with rich parents who thought it would be cool to make their own vb

Having met the guys and the old man...the blonde fellow..I wouldn't spit on him if he was on fire..

As for Dave(the other one), Hes a keen as mustard. The old man has the panic button and has told them he'll pull the pin if its not making money(maybe a cheap brewery for sale again)

Dave's been in the brewery most of the time with the brewers(first was punted, as they said, for pumping a full load of mash into,and clogging, the drainage and having a boil over in progress while being more interested in surfing the net), sweeping floors, learning to clean and full kegs, etc and wants to learn about the brewing process from start to finish

The TV crew blow in for a day , every now and then, and then cut it without them knowing whats going to air

Latest posts

Back