Leffe Blonde

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must confess I really have enjoyed the Leffe beers Blonde, Braun, & Radius this holiday ,normally I drink lower alchohol beersaround 4-5% but the flavour and body in these beer has me thinking I would like to give brewing them a try ,I have in mind a yeast . I have really been impressed with this range .

Pumpy :)

Pumpy said:
I must confess I really have enjoyed the Leffe beers Blonde, Braun, & Radius this holiday ,normally I drink lower alchohol beersaround 4-5% but the flavour and body in these beer has me thinking I would like to give brewing them a try ,I have in mind a yeast . I have really been impressed with this range .

Pumpy :)
[post="128723"][/post]​

Not sure if you are back over these fine shores again Pumpy - I meant to say in a post b4 and forgot (its may age - well thats what I blame anyways! Hehe) - if you get the chance to try some of the Belhaven beers - especially Belhaven Best - they are quite a nice drop! I used to live around that neck of the woods 8 years ago when I lived in Scotland

Belhaven . . . Roar!!!

It is one of my absolute favourites. :) They have one called St. Andrews, which in my opinion is one of the best ales ever brewed. In their line is also "Scottish Ale" which I found very good indeed and their "Robert Burns" - another fine drop!

Pumpy, I don't know if you are still out and about, but if you find Tripel Karmeliet anywhere you should really, really give it a go. It's another high alcohol one - I believe it is 7.9 or so, but it is shockingly difficult to find that alcohol in the taste, except for . . . I don't know. A friend of mine and I used to refer to it as 'The Traitor.' The reson for this was that the first time we had it at the pub we had no idea it contained that much alcohol, and since it drinks like a soft-drink you keep going back for more. We'd had six pints each and were going up for another when our very lovely barmaid (who knew us very well) said . . 'Guys . . you do know this is 7.9, right? We got another and realised quite quickly that perhaps that was the wrong thing to do. :p

It's amazing though. A bit like Leffe Blonde, but with some more of those subtle flowery notes in it.

Wonderful. I really want one now. :chug:

Cheers,

Jens-Kristian

If you are still over there Pumpy try and find Timothy Taylors on tap, and also Harvey's Best Bitter if you haven't already of course.

I'm going back in August and cannot wait for a pint of some flat and warm!!!

Alas Biz I am back in OZ so I was unable to take your suggestion of the Belhaven Best , I will next time :)

Jk again the Tripel Karmeliet will have to wait until next time

Bconnery I did have plenty of Timothy Taylors whilst watching Chelsea in the final

events on the way home .......

Coventry bus station an very nice arab girl asked me t Omind her luggage while I waited for it to explode she returned to me a bag of nerves .

Heathrow bottle fizzy water erupted like champagne over trousers much to amusement of some chick .
Dubai second pilot was sick five hour delay for flight
all up from bus station in Coventry in UK to Camden NSW Australia about 36 hours ( not again in hurry

Films watched in flight

Doom
Chitty chitty bang bang
king kong
Harry potter goblet of fire
chronicles of Narnia
the producers
Robbie Williams in concert
some rugby union

Pumpy :blink:

Latest posts

Back