Launching Brewgeeks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we would ask for 19mm.

although 3/4 ply is actually 18mm thick... hows that work for you... but 1/4 inch is 6mm ply...
that's great, thanks fish.

what is 1/2 inch... 12.7mm?

also, would these be correct?

Chamber
Hight: 31" (78.7cm)
Width: 18" (45.7cm)
Depth: 19" (48.3cm)

Stand
Hight: 25.5" (64.8cm)
Width: 36" (91.4cm)
Depth: 20" (50.8cm)

that's great, thanks fish.

what is 1/2 inch... 12.7mm?

also, would these be correct?

Chamber
Hight: 31" (78.7cm)
Width: 18" (45.7cm)
Depth: 19" (48.3cm)

Stand
Hight: 25.5" (64.8cm)
Width: 36" (91.4cm)
Depth: 20" (50.8cm)

spot on mate.

spot on mate.

The funny thing is that we still use a lot of tools in imperial measurements, so a lot of Aussies (pariticularly those in the building industry or the older generations) will be familiar with inches when it comes to tools and their relevant application (ie drill bit = hole size). However, when it comes to lengths, we stick with mm. It would be hard to be exclusively metric in Australia as a lot of the tools and goods in circulation are of USA origins.

The funny thing is that we still use a lot of tools in imperial measurements, so a lot of Aussies (pariticularly those in the building industry or the older generations) will be familiar with inches when it comes to tools and their relevant application (ie drill bit = hole size). However, when it comes to lengths, we stick with mm. It would be hard to be exclusively metric in Australia as a lot of the tools and goods in circulation are of USA origins.

My first drafting job was in imperial due to all the tools being made in USA. DTH hammers and bits all measured in inches and carbides and shank diameter too.

I pefer dealing in imperial for engine related stuff pefer hp to kw and when measuring the bubs lb's to kg. somethings fit some don't.

I pefer dealing in imperial for engine related stuff pefer hp to kw and when measuring the bubs lb's to kg. somethings fit some don't.

Like measuring your dick in inches instead of millimeters, it just wouldn't sound right otherwise.

Like measuring your dick in inches instead of millimeters, it just wouldn't sound right otherwise.

so true

hey babe want to ride on my 8 inch beast?

or

hey babe want to ride on my 200mm beast?

It was the BIAB section I was referring to. You could put metric in parentheses or create an another link. Such as BIAB (metric) and BIAB ( imperial).
However you choose mate. Thanks for making the effort.

It was the BIAB section I was referring to. You could put metric in parentheses or create an another link. Such as BIAB (metric) and BIAB ( imperial).
However you choose mate. Thanks for making the effort.
Sure thing, thanks for the input hando. I'll figure out something for it.

Also, I just posted a guide on dry hopping if anyone is interested--although I'm guessing we all do things a bit differently. :D

http://brewgeeks.weebly.com/dry-hop.html

-TK

Back