Lagering,cold Conditioning,yeast And Carbonation Query?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simpletotoro

Reaction score
the title says it all really...i recently for the first time lagered and was really quite impressed by the result in clarity ...but now have a little question ...when i lager or cc the result i assume is more yeast drops from suspension and i have clearer beer ...but how do i know if theres any yeast still left in suspension to use to carbonate with ?is there some way of telling ?do i have to do anything special to get carbonation or is it business as usual?
i currently bulk prime ...using this table
Final Gravity Grams
1006-1008 180
1008-1010 160
1010-1014 140
1014-1018 120
1019-1025 100
cheers simpletotoro

download the demo of beersmith, you can work it out in there. i'm not sure if FG has a bearing on how much you add, but I'd work on a grams per litre theory as one batches final volume will vary from anothers.

Should be business as usual. There should be enough yeast left in the brew to do the job for you. Apparently there are yeast left even after filtering.

Should be business as usual. There should be enough yeast left in the brew to do the job for you. Apparently there are yeast left even after filtering.
beauty..thanks for that ..i can go buy those cubes now ...
cheers simpletotoro

Back