Labels. Updated to our new times etc?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nizmoose said:
Not sure what everybody here is like with the technology but I've found this to be an effective way to label beers if you're not trying to present them too heavily and just want a cool way to identify them. Probably not that practical for everyone but being 22 all of my mates have a smartphone with barcode scanner handy. Scanning the QR code brings up the recipe, OG, FG, IBU, etc. The codes are free to make on any QR generating Site. Works well for me as I don't have to peel labels off of bottles but can show people the beer and the ingredients really easily and quickly without pulling the recipe book out.
Ha! That makes me feel slightly gen X illiterate. That is cool tho. I've never felt the need to do that scanning stuff but for home brew I could make the effort to graduate. :p I think its time I got up to date....

Can you elaborate the process at all. The stickers etc? I guess you can get them anywhere yeah?
Are they water resistant?

Danscraftbeer said:
Ha! That makes me feel slightly gen X illiterate. That is cool tho. I've never felt the need to do that scanning stuff but for home brew I could make the effort to graduate. :p I think its time I got up to date....

Can you elaborate the process at all. The stickers etc? I guess you can get them anywhere yeah?
Are they water resistant?
Haha it is fairly easy I use www.qr-code-generator.com but there are several sites that do the same thing. You can insert just plain text, contact details, email address, pdf, images and url. So for some recipes I simply put the url to my recipe on brewtoad.com and then generate the barcode. For others I'll write out the details as plain text. Then you simply hit generate code, download the qr code as a jpeg then I printed it onto label paper after making sure I had the size right. If you want waterproofing which I have done I simply print onto label paper then stick a layer of contact (the stuff used to cover books) over the label paper then cut and peel the labels off the sheet and stick them on! :) hope that helps!

Sorry forgot to add the screenshot of the Site it's attached here

1434614233211.jpg

Can't be bothered spending time and money labeling bottles. Maybe some you are going to age 1+ years or giving away as a gift.

I let the yellow necter do the talking.

Latest posts

Back