La Chouffe And Other Belgian Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm always a sucker for good beer and whilst visiting First Choice today I had my arm twisted.

I'm going to head out to Purvis later this afternoon - I'm actually craving Tripel Karmeliet right now, along with some other English strong ales. I must get my butt into gear and brew some English beers as I've never done one.

beers.jpg

Another 2 bottle shops later still no Rochefort 8.
Happy days! :beer:

Rochefort 8 is now available at Cloud Wine. I'm not sure how much is left at the South Melbourne store though, some shady malnourished-looking guy bought all the stock on the shelves.

And, has the LaChouffe been brewn? Or the R'fort 8 (indeed the recipe from my good friend Herman Holtrop is excellent!). My advise: use 15% of sugar in the malt bill for the LaChouffe. Final gravity of the original is 1010, so don't start higher than 1067. Same goes for the R'fort 8: use a lot of suger to reach the FG of 1006.

If you like La Chouffe, then one brew worth hunting down (hell, worth trading for with people if need be) is Chouffe Houblon Dobbelen IPA Tripel :)

I'd love to see a recipe for it

Another 2 bottle shops later still no Rochefort 8.
Happy days! :beer:

Rochefort 8 is now available at Cloud Wine. I'm not sure how much is left at the South Melbourne store though, some shady malnourished-looking guy bought all the stock on the shelves.

Thanks for the tip Malnourished. I just got back from the Camberwell store. Picked up 2 Stubbies. There are 4 more there if anyone else wants some.

They have a pretty good range of beer.

Finally, I get to try it and compare it to my clone. woohoo

And, has the LaChouffe been brewn? Or the R'fort 8 (indeed the recipe from my good friend Herman Holtrop is excellent!). My advise: use 15% of sugar in the malt bill for the LaChouffe. Final gravity of the original is 1010, so don't start higher than 1067. Same goes for the R'fort 8: use a lot of suger to reach the FG of 1006.

Nice brewery MObeer!

Have not attempted a LaChouffe yet. My Rochefort 8 clone started at 1087 and got down to 1018.

cheers
johnno

LaChouffe? Rochefort 8? How about some recipes on the site for stabs at these wonderful brews? :)

Please?

bconnery

Have a look earlier in the thread for several recipes. :D

If you like La Chouffe, then one brew worth hunting down (hell, worth trading for with people if need be) is Chouffe Houblon Dobbelen IPA Tripel :)

I'd love to see a recipe for it

well since we can't get it here i might just have to make it myself. fortunately plenty of details are available for the slavishly imitative homebrewer:
http://www.bunitedint.com/Products/achouff...on_chouffe.html

with that OG and ABV the FG would be something like 1020 which seems to indicate all malt.
just need tomahawk (which = columbus?), amarillo and saaz, Ardennes yeast, and you're off and away.

bconnery

Have a look earlier in the thread for several recipes. :D

And so I did, awesome!

Still, perhaps in the recipe section for ease of access?

I normally trawl all over for these things but this site is making me lazy...:)

Back