Kooinda Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey trav, had one today. nice indeed!

really liked it, infact it was a bloody good! really liked the malt character, but i'm glad you are cranking up the hop aroma because i think it needs it. i can understand you don't want to scare people of but as pointed out, those poeple probably will all ready be scared of by anything different. so go nuts!

i could definatley see myself drinking alot of these, keep the good beer flowing!

jimmy

Cheers mate, glad you enjoyed it, would you believe there is 1.4kg of cascade and galaxy last 5 mins of boil, maybe we will have to use our hop back, we are yet to use it as we need flowers and hop prices arent cheap, maybe we will give it a go in the new year. Glad you enjoyed it and keep anm eye out for the aromatic increase, early on the aroma is quite prevelant.
Thanks for your support and spread the word.
Cheers
TRav
Kooinda

Sweet! Didn't see this thread. I'll be tracking it down.

Hi there everyone,
For your information the boys from Kooinda will be at The Old England Hotel in Heidelberg, next Sunday 14/02/09 to showcase their beer and offer a complimentary tasting, so take your partners along (it is Valentines Day after all).
The beer is also on sale at the pub, just thought I'd let you know.
I myself will be attempting to get there one day to purchase some of their beer, but is a bit of a drive for me, (live in the bush, maybe mail order one day Trav). :beer:
Cheers to all and good luck to the boys at Kooinda.
Party6.

Pity that I have to wait till March to meet Trav and the team. Looking forward to meeting them and trying their beers. Melbourne here I come.
Dogs

BOYS! well done on the article in this months beer and brewer magazine. yea yea fanboi post tbh, but still its a great article, so biggups. :super:

Been wanting to try this for a while and finally saw a bar in Melbourne that stocks it.

My impressions - tastes like homebrewed beer.

Let me expand - beautiful fresh balanced grain based home brew. There's a tendency among a lot of us to rate our beers pretty highly against many commercial beers and sometimes it may be partly because we made it or because we can tailor to our own tastes. This gives me faith in the product I'm turning out.

Slightly similar to beechworth pale (another good one), possibly due to the hopping (sure I could detect amarillo although beechworth also uses chinook as far as my palate can work out). Not what I would have described as pale - more light cloudy brown (not a bad thing at all) and absolutely delicious. Not overcarbonated either.

Really really nice - I ended up having 2 or 3 more and enjoyed each one immensely.

Been wanting to try this for a while and finally saw a bar in Melbourne that stocks it.

My impressions - tastes like homebrewed beer.

Let me expand - beautiful fresh balanced grain based home brew. There's a tendency among a lot of us to rate our beers pretty highly against many commercial beers and sometimes it may be partly because we made it or because we can tailor to our own tastes. This gives me faith in the product I'm turning out.

Slightly similar to beechworth pale (another good one), possibly due to the hopping (sure I could detect amarillo although beechworth also uses chinook as far as my palate can work out). Not what I would have described as pale - more light cloudy brown (not a bad thing at all) and absolutely delicious. Not overcarbonated either.

Really really nice - I ended up having 2 or 3 more and enjoyed each one immensely.
glad you enjoyed in mate.give us a buzz anytime and come and take a look. cheers, mickl :icon_cheers:

Very much looking forward to when that one hits the street.

This weekend we are brewing our first batch of Kooinda Hop Hurricane IPA so hopefully this will be a ballsy IPA with heaps of hop aroma and bitterness, using Chinook, Cascade and Amarillo. mmm.... and plenty of it!
Cheers Trav

Ohhh sounds awesome Trav! Can't wait to get around to tasting her ;)

Cheers!

Hop Hurricane IPA???? Sounds great. Can't wait to try it out.

Cheers SJ

Read the beer & brewer article. Nice work! Do you now have a heated swimming pool as well?

Sorry to dig up an old post but i tried my first Kooinda PA in a mixed sixer today and had to post how much i enjoyed it.

Cracked it this afternoon, following a Meantime IPA from last night was always going to be tough.

This is what i thought...

Poured into the glass a nice dull copper hue with a 1cm thick, creamy white head that hung around for the duration.

Floral aroma was far from subtle accompanied by a slight toffee note got the mouth watering.

As it hit the back of the mouth, i was pleasantly surprised by the intensity. Obvious cascade in the bucketloads and shortly after picked up the galaxy. I could almost swear there was some amarillo in there somewhere also. The bitterness was nicely balanced by the caramel malt flavours.

As manticle pointed out earlier it was nicely carbonated which i've found is very rare in this style.

I think it was the second least expensive beer in the 6pack if not the least and i'd have to say it was the most surprising. (Meantime IPA had huge expectations so i wasn't surprised)

All in all it was very enjoyable and just wanted to encourage other guys that haven't tried it to give it a crack.

Keep up the good work!

Is the Hop Hurricane IPA on the shelves (in NSW) now? Didn't notice it where i got the Pale Ale...

Second the question about where/when we can get the hop hurricane. I live real close to you guys, so if if it even exists yet I'd love to come get some!

Second the question about where/when we can get the hop hurricane. I live real close to you guys, so if if it even exists yet I'd love to come get some!

I believe it might still be in the pipeline, but let the info come from the horses mouth!

Back