• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Kk 9 Litre Kegs $60.00

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah I know, kicking myself now

woulda been ideal for the work Xmas party, might just have to take a 19L corny instead :party:

First World Problem:

the handles on these hurt your fingers when you carry them full of beer. Also the handles hurt your fingers when you shake the keg for force carbing. The flat strap used for the handles sort of has an edge that is nasty to fingers.

First World Problem:

the handles on these hurt your fingers when you carry them full of beer. Also the handles hurt your fingers when you shake the keg for force carbing. The flat strap used for the handles sort of has an edge that is nasty to fingers.

If your a soft cock maybe...... :p :D :ph34r:

First World Problem:

Definite candidate for FWP thread!

After almost a year of using this keg it's still going strong. Had no problems with it and it seals well and doesn't leak.
Very happy with it for the price. Even if it is Chinese shit.

Damn you Truman... I thought this was current and got all excited...

Second the comments about not having any issues, mine has been in almost constant use without missing a beat.

I' ve got 2x 19L of these and haven't had any problems with those either! Picked up two used cornys on the weekend and both have leaking lids, go figure!

Just wish there were attachable rubber ends for them, probably able to fabricate something up easily but would be nice to have a slip on end (that's what she said)!

DJ_L3ThAL said:
I' ve got 2x 19L of these and haven't had any problems with those either! Picked up two used cornys on the weekend and both have leaking lids, go figure!

Just wish there were attachable rubber ends for them, probably able to fabricate something up easily but would be nice to have a slip on end (that's what she said)!
Must admit I don't like the noise they make when you put them down on your garage floor full of beer. They sound like they're going to crack or split on the base. So a rubber boot would be ideal for these. I was thinking of getting some wet suit material and seeing if I can con mum into sewing a sock to slide the keg into. Similar to the keg king sleeves you can buy for these but with a bottom sewn in to protect the keg and help keep it cool.

I have 4 of these 19L kegs and 2 of the 9L ones. They are fine. Have had zero problems over a 12+ month period.

No problems with mine either, although it gets used for sanitising the lines and taps more than holding beer. Doesn't have the same feel to it as a traditional 19l soda keg,looks like we all prefer rubber (?!), but hasn't made any difference to the beer.

For sure I like my traditional rubber top/bottom Cornelius brand kegs the best, but the KK ones are fine.

I saw a post today where someone mentioned that winequip were selling the italian 9L cornies for $120. Not a bad price I thought considering G&G wanted $180 (same price as a 19L one of the same). So I called them up (David at wine equip Melbourne) and he said they sell for $145 (and were not on sale), but agreed to sell them to me $120. Not a bad price me thinks.

I saw those 9 litre kegs at G&G last week. They certainly are a thing of beauty.

I've been using the 9L keg king ones, albeit for only 6 months. The weld looks much better than the weld in the link posted.

Haven't had any issues to date and hope that it doesn't change.

Bought one recently and noticed that there was some black crud on the top inside ridge.picked most of it off. this keg did not force carb to well , releief valve blew off. but still a good keg.

Latest posts

Back