Kegerators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarrenTheDrunk

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Beer Lovers

Just a bit of a "fishing" post. I am considering converting my home brew from bottles to kegs. I was wondering what everyone's opinion of this approach. I will put up some questions if I may.
1. If I am needing to leave the beer for say 3 months to "mature", I am going to need 30 kegs just to keep me in supply. Is this an issue
2. Is the "Keg Master" a good brand or what is a good brand
3. Does anyone have one they want to sell and lives in Victoria(near Melbourne)
4. Is the beer better from a keg or is that just my "wishful thinking"
5. Could you please share with me the advantages AND disadvantages of using kegs
6. I have access to the CUB 50 liter kegs but not sure how I would seal them. Is there any retrofit kits to convert the keg so it can be used in a kegerator

Hopefully that is not too many questions and I must say, this forum is very good and useful...for that ...I thank everyone

Darren

Hey Darren. Am still fairly new to AG and kegging and I only ever bottled 5 brews of beer before starting kegging but kegging is so much easier.
1. I Usually pressure ferment so can drink the beer as soon as I keg. If not then it's carbonated in 24hrs so can drink next day.

2. Don't know anything about commercial kegmenter's But it's pretty easy to convert an old freezer into a
keezer.

3.live in qld so can't help.

4. Don't know if it's greatly better but its a hell of a lot more convenient.

6. Kegland has a triclover fitting to suit 50lt kegs which has ball lock fittings or you can fit a corny lid and a couple of bulkhead ball lock fittings

Also make great fermenters as well.

I frequently turn over beers from fermenter to keg carbonated ready to drink in ~10 days.

Hey Darren. Am still fairly new to AG and kegging and I only ever bottled 5 brews of beer before starting kegging but kegging is so much easier.
1. I Usually pressure ferment so can drink the beer as soon as I keg. If not then it's carbonated in 24hrs so can drink next day.

2. Don't know anything about commercial kegmenter's But it's pretty easy to convert an old freezer into a
keezer.

3.live in qld so can't help.

4. Don't know if it's greatly better but its a hell of a lot more convenient.

6. Kegland has a triclover fitting to suit 50lt kegs which has ball lock fittings or you can fit a corny lid and a couple of bulkhead ball lock fittings

Also make great fermenters as well.

Hey thanks for that reply mate. I am getting rather keen on the keg idea I must say

Latest posts

Back