Keg washing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great Gonzo

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have changed from bottles to 50 ltr Kegs. I have tried to get an adaptor so I can wash out my keg but have not been able to find a connection. Everywhere I go can't help with the thread size. Has anyone got a solution?

Hi All,
I have changed from bottles to 50 ltr Kegs. I have tried to get an adaptor so I can wash out my keg but have not been able to find a connection. Everywhere I go can't help with the thread size. Has anyone got a solution?
Use your keg coupler. Tip the keg upside down between milk bottle crates or something and pump caustic or whatever up through the spear and back through the gas inlet.

As shaun said, upside down is the way.

Use your keg coupler. Tip the keg upside down between milk bottle crates or something and pump caustic or whatever up through the spear and back through the gas inlet.
Hi, I am replying for Great Gonzo. Thanks for your tip but that is not the problem. To rince the keg out when it is empty you have to reverse flush up through the beer out side of the keg. There is a one way valve that will let the beer out but not the water in. We have been unable to get a fitting with this thread size to attach the hose. That is the problem. Has anyone overcome this problem?

Latest posts

Back