Keg, Tap & Line Cleaning

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah but i thought that $7 a litre is diluted to make 10 litres.

To me 70c a litre is grand. Especially considering how much i use

Better than that, i think it's 20ML per 10L of water, so 1 litre does last ages. But when you need to fork out $150 for a 20L drum of the stuff, you need to find some mates to sell it to.

The 20L drum says "add 20ml to 10L of cold or warm water to sanitize"
Without others to split the drum the expense is too high ($140). Between a few of us we split most of it up. I still have an extra 2L but someone else in Brisbane might want some next time.

Hoops

Hey Hoops,

if i made up say a 5L batch, how long would it stay viable as a sanitiser i.e does it break down over time?

Cheers - Snow

I cleaned the outside of my keg last night and got very good results.

I removed the stickers and gluey crud with a razor and "De-Solv-it" , then gave it a scrub with a nylon scourer and "Gumption" , and then a polish with "Rubbedin Metal Magic" .

Three very strangly named products, but the keg looks great.

Snow said:
Hey Hoops,

if i made up say a 5L batch, how long would it stay viable as a sanitiser i.e does it break down over time?

Cheers - Snow
Snow

Not sure how long it lasts or whether it breaks down as such. Being an acid i think it would last for a long time, and would only be useless when the acid is exhausted.
I will look into it all.
I diluted 200ml into 1L so now I use it at a rate of 100ml per 10L

Hoops

Thanks guys. I also forgot to ask - is it a contact sanitiser, or do you have to wait a bit for it to work. Also, does it need to be rinsed off?

Cheers - Snow

Snow,

The Guys at Dasco said about 20 secs contact time. And No you don't need to rinse.

Dave

Latest posts

Back