Keg Setup $375

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like i've been kegging forever!

Just gotta say that the setup i've got is great. The $45 job regulator from ubrewitwodonga does it's job nicely and is SO compact. Only beef with it is the lack of a spindle. I don't like having to use a screwdriver to fiddle with it.

The sodastream is great, and I'm still using the first tank 3 kegs into it. Only thing I will say about it - it's LONG. My mate scored a 540g cylinder from ebay and it's nice and short, would have been a better choice overall I think, especially considering the limited headroom in the fridge.

I love the plastic pluto gun, but if I was doing it again I would have just stuck with the bronco tap - it really is good. The pluto tap is sorta big and clunky, doesn't have a proper home, and isn't really any more 'fun' to pour than the bronco tap.

I also got a couple of 19l cornies and the transfer process from big to small keg works so easily with gravity. Nothing to it! just equalise pressures, then plug beer lines and gas lines and off it goes.

The only thing that pains me is not being able to drink more than one type of beer at a time.

Where to from here?....well I've been staring at some of the beautiful keezer conversions, and I have a bad(good) feeling that I might sooner or later be making a 4 tap, font based keezer dressed with oak. Mmmmm those pipeline fonts look so good......
:)

Back