Keg King Growler Drafto Kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me looks like a little too much effort for a liter or two of beer.

Proper carbonated beer decanted to my growlers never been off enough to even think about a better way. I can see a possible use for competitions if one was particularly OCD.

Im picking one up on Friday for the novelty value. I also carb up beers in my growlers so it woudl be good for smaller parties.

takai said:
Im picking one up on Friday for the novelty value. I also carb up beers in my growlers so it woudl be good for smaller parties.
Cool man, let me know how you go.

For 2L seems hardly worth it. It's only 4 bottles. A 9L keg doesn't fit in a fridge very well. I think 5-6L is a better size for something that fits in a food fridge and also represents a lot of bottles. I did ask KK about this and I heard they were testing a keg that's around that size but it's not available for sale yet.

professional_drunk said:
For 2L seems hardly worth it. It's only 4 bottles. A 9L keg doesn't fit in a fridge very well. I think 5-6L is a better size for something that fits in a food fridge and also represents a lot of bottles. I did ask KK about this and I heard they were testing a keg that's around that size but it's not available for sale yet.
Nice. I find the height is the biggest issue with kegs in eskies

Yeah novelty only. The growlers are great but I just fill with carbed beer and drink. Doesnt last long enough to warrant gas, reg and charger.

Oh yeah, its been fine. Decanted and served, and also carbonated and served with it several times now. No issues with the drafto kit at all.

I still use it semi-regularly at BBQs, although at bigger events i take a 9L setup. But on the bike i tend to use my Brew-Tek growlers as they are screw capped and i have had an issue with the wire seal caps when the grower fell over in the pannier.

I use them when hiking. I have filled the growlers well in advance and the beer is still cold and carbonated when I reach my destination. I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

Latest posts

Back