Keg Install

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok

Here is Mark II - This should be correct. Just need to go up and get some more clamps.

DSCF0012.JPG

Ok, here is what I do.
I keg my beer, put it in the keg fridge, attach the gas line and burp the keg to remove any 02 in the headspace.
I then leave the beer to cool overnight.
Next morning I turn on the gas and wind the pressure up to 300kpa and leave for 48 hours.
I then release pressure and start drinking.

If I want to hurry it up, I still put the keg in the fridge and burp it and leave to cool over night.
Next day attach the gas and start shaking.
Then it is less rocking/shaking to carbonate.

Hope that helps.

Beers,
Doc

Fiscus,

That now looks most excellent.

I usually only gas overnight to a max of 24hrs.

When i put the gassed kegs in the fridge - i leave them at the gassed pressure - dont conect them to the fridge gas line - until the beer is cold.

Then i bleed off the excees pressure in the new full keg before attaching the gas line.

Next, i relax and have a KEGGED Homebrew. :chug:

Still waiting for a photo of the misses pouring your first kegged beer, and then one of you drinking it. :D

It goes without saying that you post them.

Ok well I just picked up some clamps - to clamp the C02 line to the T-Piece (it was a bit loose after removing it).

Keg has been gassing at 280 for 24hrs now (and that was after being chilled for 12 hours) - so theoretically I should be pouring a beer now :)

Will report back :chug:

Jeez - I'm all excited! and I don't even keg. Can't wait to hear how it goes, Fiscus! This sure sounds better than waiting three weeks for bottles to carbonate, not to mention the washing, priming, bottling and capping....

Fiscus/GMK,

Where did you guys get that little gas line tap?

I'm going to install one inside my keg fridge for use with my new counter pressure bottle filler, but need to know where to get one.

Also that t-piece is quite different to the one I have in my fridge.

Does anyone know where is the Northern/North Western suburbs of Sydney to get another t-piece like I already have and a gas line tap like the one you have fiscus?

Beers,
Doc

t_piece.JPG

DOC

I now use teh ball valves from Timbo - in canberra.
They come with food grade plastic nipples.
I usually sold them for 15.00 - including 2 clamps.

Contact GSRMan.

Also, timbo has the ss t pieces for 12.00 - like the one you have.
15.00 with clamps.

Note:
GSRMan will have to arrange pick up and pricing etc....

Back